Dr. Debara Tucci Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Debara Tucci?

April 20th, 2016

She gave me an antibiotic during a surgery that was clearly written all over my paperwork NOT TO GIVE and although she apologized for the oversight, "she agrees to disagree" that it did me so much harm. It's been 3 years and I am still in really bad shape and getting worse. Duke didn't want to take any responsibility for her carelessness.

October 14th, 2015

Great Physician - Horrible Experience - Incredibly RUDE!!!

I was excited to schedule an appointment with Dr. Tucci after quite a bit of research. She certainly seems to be among the best, so I thought I would be in good hands. I'm certain she's still among the best, but I have never had a more rude experience with a physician in my life (and I've seen plenty)! I'm not hypersensitive, and I don't care much about bedside manner so long as my physician is knowledgeable and not condescending. I'm not one who needs a doctor to have a bubbly personality or anything either. However, Dr. Tucci - from the moment she walked in the room - was RUDE, condescending and *repeatedly* let me know I was wasting her times. She literally said to me at least 4 times "I don't know why you're here". Her "exam" was over in 15 seconds and she spent the remainder of the seven or so minutes of her most valuable time reminding me how much of that special time I was wasting. I have NEVER been so insulted. I saw Dr. Tucci in 2010, so she may have changed since then (I was encouraged to review even though it has been a few years, after describing my experience to someone else). At first she was disgusted because I had no referral (my insurance doesn't require one and I called the general Duke appointment line to request an appointment with an otolaryngologist). I respect the fact that she requires a referral, but it was an honest mistake on my behalf. Plus, when I called the appointment line, they did book the appointment. No one mentioned anything about a referral. So, I didn't mind her letting me know she required one, but she didn't have to be nasty about it. She listened to me describe my problems for about 30 seconds and did a cursory exam where she barely touched me and took a quick glance in my nose and ears. She just kept repeating "I don't know why you're here". At this time, I had seen several (Duke) physicians and she had access to my records (I was using what was then called HealthView, but is MyChart now). So, it's not as if I just went straight to her without seeing anyone at all. The real kicker for me - after belittling my concerns and talking down to me - was when she (again) asked why I was there? She told me to follow the other doctors' orders (I had with no improvement) and if I had a particular symptom for a couple of weeks continuously, then I should try to see her. I explained to her I had already had the symptoms for a couple of months with no improvement - after following doctors' orders. She literally-while I was mid-sentence, turned on her heel and walked off. That's what got me. I sat there on the verge of tears because I already felt horrible physically. Again, I don't care that much about bedside manner. I've seen a few physicians who came across as arrogant jerks, but none have ever been so blatant with their disrespect.

February 23rd, 2013

Would Not Go Back

I had an appointment to see this dr. and ended up sitting around in various rooms for what seemed like forever. I'm guessing I waited about 1/2 an hour in on of the rooms...only to be moved to another. The dr. looked in my ear for literally 2 seconds...and that it. I had had hearing tests done prior to that at and rather than do any more testing, she informed me that the only thing she could do was prescribe a hearing aid for me. I had had SOME testing done at another hospital prior to this, but she didn't even ask me what kind of testing! And when I told her how I think I lost the hearing, she responded in a very condescending manner. I was in this office for a LONG TIME and saw the actual dr. for...oh....3 minutes? And then she was completely lacking in bedside manner and didn't have *nearly* the ENT knowledge that the dr. I saw had Hopkins had.

July 2nd, 2012

Would not see her again

She sent a resident to see me and it was the resident who performed all of the medical procedures. I only saw her for less than 2 minutes as she only appeared by the consultation room door (did not even enter the room) at the end of my appointment to say that she had no diagnosis as does not handle any type of nose matters or nose allergies and I should see another ENT from Duke. I would not go see her again.

October 19th, 2017