Overall Review

January 21st, 2014
I've been taking my children to Dr. Filek's office for 14 years and have been happy with the care. Dr. Filek is very upbeat and positive and makes nice conversation with my children and speaks directly to them during office visits. Ron Pohill is wonderful. He is kind, funny, and very thorough with exams. He is excellent at listening to questions and explaining answers. He always makes my children laugh. On occasion, one receptionist has been somewhat rude, but all of the nurses have been super. Dr. Filek called me personally to check on my daughter when she was in the hospital and I have never had a problem speaking with either Dr. Debbie or Ron after hours on the phone. They have worked with me on minor situations such as switching a prescription to generic brand. The office building is old, but is very clean and each room is painted/decorated in a different theme by Dr. Debbie's daughter. It is very unique and my kids always enjoyed playing the "I Spy" game and looking for different things in the murals. It actually has more of a cozy/homey feel than many of the newer dr's offices I have visited. I was disappointed only once when my daughter had a skin condition that they couldn't diagnose and the creams they prescribed didn't work and they basically gave up. I had to call a dermatologist myself vs. them recommending one or calling to help get us an appt. The derm prescribed a steroid cream and the rash healed and has never re-occured yet. I also have never had trouble getting an appointment. I wish they opened at 8:00 instead of 9:30. I think this would be more helpful for parents who have to make work arrangements and might like to get an early morning appt.

June 14th, 2013
Find a new office manager.
Receptionist didn't do her job. Office manager is very unplesant.

July 8th, 2011
Dr. Filek is a wonderful and educated doctor. She takes her time with my son and she has frank discussions with him. I prefer that my son see her when he has a visit and not a P.A., however, that is not always possible. There is one staff member that is somewhat rude, however, the rest of the staff are excellent.

October 8th, 2010
VERY VERY RUDE STAFF
My 18th month old had been seeing them since he'd been born. He had a little rash one time and they told me it was eczema and he would have it forever. I was so upset I went home and looked it up online. It didn't look anything like eczema so I did not use the medication they prescribed and it went away on its own in 2 days. One time the bridge was up so I called them to let them know I would be a little late and they made me reschedule. I just had my 2nd baby on friday and on monday I tried to get him in and they said they didn't take my insurance which is weird because my other son had been going there for 18 months. Well I told them I didn't care and I would pay because a newborn is supposed to be seen within 2 days after being born. She wouldn't make me an appointment and told me to do somewhere else. VERY VERY RUDE!!!!! I will be taking both my children somewhere else. I had a few other problems with them also with wrong diagnosis for my son but this review is getting pretty long. Do not go to this Doctor!!

August 18th, 2010
The entire staff is wonderful with my daughter. I always am able to get in to get her seen if something is wrong. Ron is super.

June 28th, 2010
I would recommend Dr. Filek to others. She's great with the kids and listens, not quick to get you out of the room. The Nurse Practitioner she has, Ron Polhill, is outstanding and my husband, kids and myself just love him.

August 9th, 2009
Great Doctor
We have been with Dr. Filek for nearly 10 years and have always been pleased with her caring manner.

August 3rd, 2009
Dr. Filek and her staff are wonderful!!! They are knowledgeable and truly care about the health of my child. They have a common-sense approach to child health care and don't believe in just throwing drugs at a problem. Instead, they talk to you about medication, diet, environment, etc. They really spend quite a bit of time with you during an appointment as well and are always available for questions or concerns.