Overall Review

March 13th, 2015
She has been my doctor off and on for almost 20 years. She is open minded and collaborative with patients. She takes the requisite time to get to know you and your situation. But most important is the perfect air traffic controller for your health. With so many specialists focused on specific aspects of your help, you need an advocate who looks at the big picture, and she does that. Insurance allowing, I go where she goes. Her monitoring of my health at times has been life-saving. There are not many docs like her left in the profession.

June 18th, 2014
More interested in referral bonuses than patient care
I went in for the first time recently for a booster vaccination and during this time was 1) referred to an ENT to have my nose cauterized, 2) was told i was developing acne and should go to her dermatologist, 3) was referred to a medical massage therapist on the upper east side because it would help relax my muscles and 4) was told to look into orthotics or wedges to help with arch support for my feet. For each recommendation she wrote a script to refer me to various specialists around the city. Based on this visit, you would think I'm falling apart. However, I am a healthy pregnant woman who just needed a booster shot. I explained that 1) occasional nose bleeds are a common symptom of pregnancy and that I'd prefer to see an ENT if the nose bleeds persist past the birth of my baby. However, she was very insistent that I go and that it was an invasive procedure that I could do while pregnant. 2) I had two small blemishes on my face (I counted when I got home to be sure). I am well aware of what acne is and thought she was very aggressive in trying to get me to see her recommended dermatologist. She also said I might have skin cancer so that would be another reason to go. 3) I did not complain about back pain. She saw that I was pregnant and seemed fixated on getting me to see the medical massage center that specializes in pregnant women. 4) I wore flip flops to her office and was told I may develop foot problems. I have friends with severe foot problems who have struggled for years. They've tried physical therapy, western and eastern medicine tactics as well as contemplated surgery. Being familiar with their struggles, I knew I did not have foot problems, nor did I complain about any. Overall, Dr. Glass seemed more concerned with receiving a referral bonus than my overall well-being and did not listen when I politely said I wasn't interested in some of her recommendations. I would not recommend her to friends or family.

June 12th, 2013
Rude staff and horrible policies - stay away
Dr. Glass' staff is rude and you should look elsewhere. I called to ask to add a blood food allergy test to my physical and was rudely told that Dr. Glass would not order the test for me because "she just doesn't do that"?! I cancelled my appointment 21 hours in advance and was again rudely told that I would be charged $150 because I missed their 24 hour cancellation period. I got the bill and discovered that I was also charged a $20 copay. I asked for a recommendation for a dermatologist and was given the name of a surly unhelpful dermatologist I had been to once 10 years ago. There was nothing about this experience that was positive.

June 29th, 2012
Obnoxious staff, doc hard to get to
Dr. Glass is OK, I guess, but her gatekeepers are snotty and rude. Most of your interactions will be with physician assistants, not Dr. Glass, so this matters. Also, her office forces you into appointments with her assistants (who aren't MDs) before you can even make an appointment with her, so you'll be spending extra time and money on every health issue. Her practice is perceptibly organized around profits and patients are cash cows. So demoralizing.

September 7th, 2010
dr glass does not respect patient's time
I was kept waiting for 1 1/2 hours at my last two annual visits. Dr Glass used to run an on-time office and in fact would penalize patients for being late. This is no longer the case. 40 minutes past my appointment time, my blood and vitals were taken by the nurse, and then I was left to wait (and wait, and wait) for the doctor. Finally, after another 45 minutes, I had to leave to get to work. Not only did no one from the office contact me to reschedule, they discarded my blood sample. When I called them, they offered me an appointment a month in the future--even though I had waited 8 weeks for the appointment that never happened. I decided in the end to change doctors. It took 8 weeks for Dr Glass's office to send my medical records to the new doctor--I called at least once a week and was told I would get a call back, but no one ever did. The only reason she finally released my records was because I threatened to file a formal complaint with Oxford. I found the treatment at the office to be absolutely insulting and unprofessional. There are lots of other doctors out there, and no reason why patients should be treated with so much disrespect.