2.0

Oct 23rd, 2013

As a chiropractor in town, I treat patients who are also under care by Dr. Siljander. When she raised a concern about one patient's neck problem, telling them not to allow me to adjust their cervical spine, I attempted to communicate with her about the patient's positive response that had been obtained with the very treatment she was recommending against. With the patient's permission, I attempted to communicate with Dr. Siljander. Although I made several phone calls and a personal visit to her office, she was unwilling to meet with me. Since she, like most physicians, has no training in chiropractic I am unable to make sense of her concern, especially when the patient was reporting progressive benefit from the treatment. Sadly, this resistance to professional collaboration is the norm on the Monterey Peninsula.

Negligent about prescription refill show details Negligent about prescription refill
Jul 9th, 2012

Recently had a well-woman visit at this office. A week later I received a call stating my pap smear results were normal and that the office would call in my 1-year birth control refill to my pharmacy. I stated I would pick the prescription up the following week because I was out of town at the time. When I returned to Monterey and went to the pharmacy, there was no record of the doctors refill. It was Friday afternoon at 3:30 and I needed to restart my pills that day. Both the pharmacy and I tried to contact the doctor's office to get the refill called in but they had already closed for the day meaning I couldn't get the refill until Monday. As a result, I missed three days of taking my pills.In my opinion, this is extremely negligent and requires at least some sort of an apology from the doctors office but I hardly received anything of the sort after speaking with them about the matter. All I can think is thank goodness it was just birth control (still a huge hassle and negligent situation) and not some life-dependent medication. All in all, rather shameful and I will not return to this office.

Unprofessional, No Billing Department show details Unprofessional, No Billing Department
Jan 31st, 2012

As a physician, Dr. Siljander seems competent - although I've never had more than basic physicals, well-women exams, and blood tests done at her office. Even with respect to the blood tests, however, she was lazy and unprofessional in reading my tests and signed off on official documentation that she had analyzed test results that she hadn't even received. Additionally, her office has no billing department and is extremely disorganized. I was charged upfront 4.5 months ago for a service that was 100% covered by my insurance company and have still not been reimbursed. I've been calling for months and even had my insurance company call her office but have not seen a dime or received any explanation as to why my claim remains unprocessed. Completely unacceptable.

Aug 31st, 2011

I waited an hour in the office, they made me switch rooms, and after the hour wait she only gave me 4 minutes of her time. I went in for 1 thing and she totally ignored what I wanted to talk about and instead gave me a prescription for something else. I won't be going back.

She is great! show details She is great!
Apr 14th, 2010

I would highly recommend her to anyone.