A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Deborah Smith:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Deborah Smith, MD is board certified in Family Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 2 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Infectious Disease
Education & Awards
Dr. Smith graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia.
Dr. Smith has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Providence St Peter Hospital
- Lehigh Valley Hospital - Muhlenberg
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smith accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania - 10 plans
- Geisinger Health Plan - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield - 7 plans
- Premera Blue Cross - 5 plans
- Cigna - 4 plans