A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Deborah Abernathy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Deborah Abernathy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abernathy
Chemotherapy Patient Education Read all about cancer symptoms, diagnosis and treatment in our chemotherapy patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abernathy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Deborah Abernathy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Abernathy graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Abernathy has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Our Lady of The Lake Reg Medical Center
- Womans Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Deborah Alison Abernathy MD is a female Internist, has 33 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Deborah A. Abernathy practice?
- Dr. Deborah Abernathy has 1 office location.
Dr. Deborah Abernathy practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Baton Rouge, LA.
See Baton Rouge Internists, Baton Rouge Hematologists, and Baton Rouge Oncologists.