A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Deborah Abernathy:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Deborah Abernathy is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Abernathy
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Abernathy Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Deborah Abernathy, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- She has special expertise in 13 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Abernathy graduated from Louisiana State University at New Orleans. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Abernathy has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Our Lady of The Lake Reg Medical Center
- Womans Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Deborah Alison Abernathy MD is a female Internist, has 34 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Deborah A. Abernathy practice?
- Dr. Deborah Abernathy has 1 office location.
Dr. Deborah Abernathy practices Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near Baton Rouge, LA.
See Baton Rouge Internists, Baton Rouge Hematologists, and Baton Rouge Oncologists.