Surgeons, Oncology Specialist (cancer)
Video profile
1 Valley Health Plz
Fl. 2
Paramus, NJ 07652
(201) 689-2222
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 2.2083333333333 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Hidden info about Mem Sloan Drs  |  show details
by Jazzing on Jan 26th, 2014

I went to DrCapko for 2nd opinion & initially chose her as ymsurgeon then I went for a 3 rd opinion bc after i booked surgery my intuition kicked in. Something wasn't right. I brought all my films & pathology slides along with the reports. Dr Capko didn't review anything with me. Told me she had others more experienced to review those. Her expertise was surgery. Then Imhad to insist upon an MRI of both breasts which was normal except for the cancerous breast . The report from the radiologist listed the wrong breast as having cancer ! Well that is the person who DrCapko relies on ?? Also when my 3rd opinion dr examined me, she said the ultrasound was taken of the lymph nodes on the cancerous side BUT the lymph nodes on the good side were the ones that were highlighted on the MRI ! I got hit with a pathology bill from Sloan just for .bring ing the report and pathology slides from the stereotactic biopsy that was done at St Barnabas- which DrCapko insisted I bring. This is how they pad your bill pathology slides to my 1st visit with DrCapko !! facility never did my biopsy The surgeriescr done at Overlook Hospital and you wont get your results for 3 weeks bc Overlook interprets them, then Sloan has to which meansvuplicare billing snd triple anxiety !! didnt like the institutional protocols & not speaking to the same person when you call. I had high grade cells for DCID and necrosis and was told that is normal - untrue. Also my mass was close to the skins surface. Yet that was never brought up either. I went to a highly recommended breast surgeon from Overlook Medical Center who reviewed all cd images with me and also highlighted that Memorial Sloan has protocols which must be followed for diagnosis. Whereas most Surgeons treat the patients according to what is presented on the diagnostic tests and based on the individual. I think Memorial Sloan is a "marque name" and Run For The Hills ! Search vitals.com and health grad.com - what is written is honest opinions and find another Memorial Sloan that will follow the path for you- not a protocol & double billing from Mem Sloan for pathology etc that the hospital has to do first. No need for MemSloan to also bill you.

|  Dr. Capko was my mother's surgeon  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time in 2006, and needed a second mastectomy. Dr. Capko met with us to discuss options. My mother felt comfortable with Dr. Capko, but I felt as though she behaved in a condescending way, and with little compassion for my mother's condition. The surgery went well, but Dr. Capko failed to put my mother on any follow-up drugs to prevent the re-occurrence of breast cancer. Late in 2008, my mother developed a liver problem. Tests showed that the problem was the result of metastasized breast cancer on her liver. My mother's new oncologist questioned Dr. Capko's decision against putting my mother on hormonal drugs to prevent the re-occurrence of breast cancer. He thought it was very poor judgment on her part. He tried to save my mother's life - 12 months on hormonal drugs did not work because too much damage had been done. Then, my mother suffered through 18 awful months of chemotherapy before she died in July 2011. My mother was only 76 years old, and she was my best friend. Although my mother liked Dr. Capko initially, she didn't like her very much at all after she realized that her negligence caused her ultimate demise. As a matter of fact, she was quite angry! I would avoid Dr. Capko and find another surgeon who will do the right thing.

Jun 26th, 2012

She was very personable

|  Grateful to Dr Capko & Nurses (1997)  |  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

After having a breast biopsy it only took a few days before I was called to come into Dr Capko's office. I was in shock after receiving the news that I had breast cancer. Dr Capko was very professional, compassionate, she suggested that I get a second opinion. I went to Sloan Kettering saw a top rated oncologist, I am sure she was good but I immediately did not appreciate feeling like a number- she kept stepping out to go see other patients. Her diagnosis/opinion validated Dr Capkos so I chose to go to Hackensack UMC. My friends & family had high marks for the Dr, nurses & the hospital. A yr later I was asked to join their team to run in the Race for the Cure at Central Park, I ran with her then And here in South FL I run every January in West Palm Beach. 14 yrs next May, Thank you Dr Capko!

|  Find another doctor  |  show details
Feb 1st, 2011

good surgeon, but very poor with aftercare. very sarcastic, rude, condescending, resented questioning her opinion

|  One of the Best  |  show details
Nov 11th, 2010

One of the best doctors I've ever met, and I've met a few. I was an RN in NJ for 20 years, before I became her patient, and am most satisfied and impressed with Dr. Capko's skill and professionalism.

|  I liked her  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2010

Appreciated her directness. I wasn't looking for a friend, I wanted someone who knew what she was doing.Yeah, she has a high opinion of herself; but when I needed her help draining a seroma that developed; she met me at her office Saturday and Sunday mornings at 7:00 am so I could go to work as a Golf Professional.

Jun 15th, 2010

Find another doctor!

|  Deplorable and low class conduct  |  show details
by Patricia Connor on Jun 14th, 2010

As a senior VP for a Wall Street bond firm for 30 years, I most certainly know what professionalism is. Dr. Capko displays no professionalism and her conduct verges on that of a spoiled child. I would urge anyone having to undergo breast surgery who is obviously in a very vulnerable state of mind to stay as far away from her as possible.

|  Why???  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2009

Just Coldddddddd. I wish I knew about this site before the surgery. She is horrible Dr. with desire for money only. Do your research, many other doctors out t who would care for you

|  Why the hoopla  |  show details
Nov 15th, 2009

Dr Capko is caring and professional. She may appear business like to some. But I liked her.

Nov 10th, 2009

horrible bedside manner-0 compassion!!

|  Never Never  |  show details
by I Should go after her license on May 4th, 2009

Had 2 lumps very close to each other which she was going to remove. After the surgery she told me it was not necessary to dig in and get the second lump. I find out she had other surgeries she had to do ( more money to make) make store short last than a year I had to go under the knife again. make matter worse I was pregnant but Doctors told me I can't wait.