Dr. Deborah Cerrato Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Deborah Cerrato?

When you REALLY NEED a doctor

Posted on May 16th, 2012

Doctor Ceratto was my doctor for more than 5 years. She had been my childrens doctor for more than 5 years too. I chose her because, given the kind of chronic issues that run in my family, I wanted an internist for my doctor and she has both a pediatric and an internal medicine certification. For the first 5 years my children and I received adequate medical care, but the only medical issues we had during those years were complications to the common cold and an occasional minor sports injury. When the early warning signs of chronic disease prompted me to make appointments with Dr. Ceratto and discuss my concerns about my changing health, she steadfastly dismissed them and told me not to worry about them. Every chronic disease has complications. Typically, the longer a chronic disease goes undiagnosed and untreated, the more likely complications will develop and become serious. It was well over a year before I could finally get Dr. Ceratto pay attention to my concerns, and at that point I was quite sick. While I finally did get some treatment for the chronic disease I had developed, I could not get her to address several complications I had developed. After months of trying to get Dr. Ceratto to help me be able to manage this chronic disease and get my life back to some semblance of normal, I finally realized she was not capable of helping me, even though the condition I have is common in the general population. There is nothing rare about my condition. The condition I have is run-of-the-mill stuff for any internist. However, she was unaware of the side-effects of the medicine she prescribed for me, and she was completely unaware of complications I had developed - she just had no idea what they were so she just told me not to worry about them. She has some serious knowledge gaps when it comes to internal medicine. No one expects any doctor to know everything, but we all expect a doctor to admit when they dont know something and refer the patient to someone else who might help them. Because of the poor care I received from Dr. Ceratto, I have struggled for 2 years with a situation that really shouldnt have been so limiting. I became too sick to hold a job, and that should never have happened. With a new doctor, I am doing better, and have gotten 2 of the 3 complications under control. However, there is one complication that may become a limitation for life for me. With that particular complication, it is crucial to treat it early, and Dr. Ceratto simply had no idea what it was, so she told me not to worry about it and it went untreated for too long.Families often register with a medical clinic that is close to where they live. If they visit the doctor for their first minor (cold or flu related) health issue, and like the doctors personality, they think they have a good fit. It was a mistake for me to assume that just because Dr. Ceratto could handle minor issues, she would also be able to care for me if I became really sick. When you REALLY NEED a doctor, you need a good one!

Posted on October 14th, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr.Cerrato to anyone. She is always caring and concerned with any problems you are having. Smart woman.

Posted on September 22nd, 2014