Dr. Deborah Higer Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Deborah Higer?

February 20th, 2017

I called miss higer up this morning to complaint about my father, that is at a physical therapy facility in Weed Ca. that she is the Md. in charge of. My concern is that my father, who is 103 and suffers from a broken hip and, was brought there for physical therapy. He was not eating well at Mercy Mt Shasta and had an anemia problem. Since I have seen him at Shasta View he has not eaten more than a few bites that I have seen. I have visited Sat, Sun and today and it had been reported that he hasn't eaten that much. Not really knowing what 'that much' is but realizing what I have seen him NOT eat I am a bit concerned. There is also an issue with his hearing aids / they really do help in communicating with him even with his dementia. I left hearing aid batteries there for him. I call higer and was trying to express my concerns with her about my father - AND SHE HUNG UP ON ME ! So with this kind of inability to communicate with patients and their representatives I think miss higer needs some attention. Perhaps she is over worked or has some other issue but to hang up when I am trying to state my experience with her is inexcusable. Is there some other physician that I may talk with about my father's health issues? This certainly is not a very professional way of doing business. If she has this problem with people maybe she needs to not work with them. Thank you Ron Hennig

August 19th, 2014

she saved my life

I was 46 years old, diabetic, neurpathy,COPD, i weighed 330 pounds. I was dying and i knew it. My boyfriend of eleven years was 400 pounds. We needed help and fast. Deborah got our health on track. Controlling my diabetes, encouraging us to live healthy and excercise. One day weightloss surgery came up, we looked into it and decided it was for us. Deborah was our cheerleader the whole journey. We now have lost the weight. I am no longer a diabetic and my boyfriend and i are now avid bike riders. Dr. Higer can and will change your life. She treats the whole person, not just the disease. She will always be an angel disguised as a doctor.

August 19th, 2014

she saved my life

October 12th, 2012

Fantastic. Has gone above and beyond her duties!

I wish all my past doctors were like this. 100% A+

July 12th, 2012

Brusque manner and painful annual was my fault!!

She always seemed to be in a rush especially during my initial visit when I would have expected a little more time to get to know each other. During my first and only annual, she fumbled until I was in pain, not too mention embarrassed. She told me that my 'tubes were to one side'. It had never been a problem before - I am mid 40's, so I have had several pap-smears. Next visit I was asked to see a NP who kept me waiting 30 mins. I was billed 4 times even after I sent payment info twice since the office staff missed the first payment. I would not recommend Dr. Higer's services or staff.

May 26th, 2012

Never again

I will never go to her ever again. She's completely distracted and seems like she doesn't care about how she looks. Not a good model for my child at all. "relaxed" environment? please, that's just an excuse for her lazy office staff not to clean.

April 25th, 2012

We have had excellent care, she really does care about her patients.

July 27th, 2011

keeps answering her cell phone during the visit, no thank you

June 13th, 2011

Great doc - knows her stuff

Dr. Higer is my family physician and handles my annual care as well as a few emergencies for which I was hospitalized. She's an excellent doctor, and I really like the informal atmosphere of her office -- makes going to the doctor less traumatic.

February 6th, 2010

snowkat

not worth the wait for what little service i got

November 22nd, 2009

If only all docotrs could be like her!

February 8th, 2017