Dr. Deborah Hoadley MD Patient Reviews

• Infectious Disease Longmeadow, MA

3.9

August 16th, 2016
Not feel heard or that she focused on my needs.

February 19th, 2016
Very Strange Experience
So there are a number of weird things going on here. #1 Dr. Hoadley was at the desk when I walked in. She acted like a receptionist but did not introduce herself at all. She later asked if her assistant had taken my insurance information but I never saw anyone in the office other than her. Another patient told me that she has no office help but pretends to be a receptionist when she is on the phone. I experienced this when trying to schedule an appointment. I was handed paperwork and told to go to another room and never told that they were running behind . #2 The office is a mess! All patient records are stacked on the desk and in filing boxes on the floor. This does not seem HIPAA compliant. I can't stress how unsettling this was it looks like she is in the process of moving but others say it is always like this. I waited for 2 hours to be seen. 2 hours!!! She does seem to be very knowledgeable about Lyme Disease and the treatment. However, it bothered me a bit that she spent so much time talking about diet, supplements and mind/body and then followed it up with a sales pitch for nurtitional shake, bars and vitamins as well as reiki offered for additional fees in the office. I woould have liked her to recommend a protocol that worked over something she was selling and or affiliated with. I am hoping her treatment will be effective and it will be worth putting up with this weird environement. I highly suggest that she gets A) Filing cabinets B) An office manager C) A computer and D) Some alternate resources for patients other than those she is making a profit from.

February 16th, 2016
A Godsend!
May take some time to see but well worth it if you have Lyme or other tick borne diseases. She doesn't see everything as Lyme disease either. If you have a different cause of illness/injury she will figure it out and send you to the right specialty.

March 3rd, 2014
Dr Hoadley has probably forgotten more about Lyme disease than most doctors will ever know. She is an awesome, compassionate, caring lady. She really cares about her patients. She is thorough in her testing and diagnosis, and does follow up on all possibilities. Some doctors refuse to diagnose Lyme and some jump to say that's all it could be. Dr Hoadley will make sure you get the proper treatment for what's ailing you.

March 13th, 2012
Traeatment for Lyme Disease
She was the only doctor of any kind who diagnosed me clinically and backed up her Diagnosis with a Western Blot and other tests that revealed that I did haveLyme Disease stage 3 . I was treated longer than usual compared to other patients but unfortunately did not get 100% better. Maybe 50 % to 60% at best. At that point we hit a wall and she diagnosed me as having "Lyme Disease Syndrome" or otherwise, Chronic Lyme disease. Further tests have been taken but she has no plan to treat me any further whuch I disagree with. I feel you have to treat until you are symptom free. I feel she doesn't know what to do next with me.

April 2nd, 2011
Dr. Hoadley cured my Lyme!
After being undiagnosed with Lyme Disease for 2 years, one Dr. at UConn finally decided to run a Lyme test, and when it came back positive all he was willing to do was a put me on a single course of amoxicillin, when i went to another doctor all i got was another course of amox..wiht little improvement each time, another doc wouldnt even ackgnowledge that my Lyme test was positive even though he presented himself as a lyme specialist. My mom found Dr. Hoadley through a friend and got me an appointment. Dr. Hoadley took the time to get to know me and my medical history, she was willing to give me the necessary antibiotics and deal with the insurance companies. She got me in IV Ceftriaxone for a year and since then i have been relatively healthy. I continue to visit her a few times a year. She is very knowledgeable and encourages you to live healthier in all parts of your life. As a health science student, she also takes into account my opinions and suggestions, she doesnt dumb down or sugar coat the information with me. Her office is a bit messy, but thats because she spends all her time helping patents, and for a doctor like her a 30 minute wait to see her is well worth it. I love being able to email her about rescheduling or any issues i have between appointments. She is the best doctor I have ever had, and if you have Lyme i strongly recommend going to see her..she is willing to do what is necessary to get you healthy.

March 17th, 2011
Overbooked doctor
Doctor was obviously overbooked which was revealed by wait time and no answer on the phone. This is strange because during one of my visits she answered her phone twice which interrupted my consultation that I patiently waited 45 minutes for. The only way I could contact Dr. Hoadley is by email which she will respond to in about a week or so. I tried having my labs sent to another Dr and she never sent them after numerous requests. The first new patient appointment is a full hour or so which was great but the following appointments were very short because she needed to catch up on her schedule by cutting my time short. Find another doctor even if the drive is far, it will be worth your time believe me!

February 21st, 2011
Long wait, disorganized, used very standard practices
Dr. Hoadley uses popular treatments for Lyme disease especially with antibiotics. I have seen her for over 2 years until I had enough of the waiting and non responsiveness of my request for treatments. She is disorganized with stacks of medical charts piled on the floor and 2ft high on her office desk without any secretary or assistant. I have never waited less than 30 minutes for each appointment. Some of the meds she prescribed did help a lot which any doctor could have done by reading studies on Lyme. She is not very good about considering other factors that came from Lyme such as heavy metals, yeast, and hormones. She treats strictly the Lyme and co-infections and will try to use her nutritional weight loss background to sell you her products from a company she is affiliated with. I had requested a heavy metal test along with some others and when the results came in I was never contacted with the results and found out at the next appointment that the test was never even order for the metals. Since then I have switched to Northampton Wellness which is somewhat better. Getting all of my labs from Hoadley took 3 weeks and 3 different calls. She could use a few seminars on more advanced treatment protocols and being more attentive to her patients. Also for the cost of the appointment I think she can afford to hire a secretary to organize her files and be prepared for each appointment and maybe remember your face .