Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
1111 Raintree Cir
Ste 170
Allen, TX 75013
214-509-9691
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Could not get appointment  |  show details
Oct 31st, 2012

I called to make an appointment because I am in severe back pain. I have herniated discs. The office wouldn't even let me make an appointment because I needed to get my past medical records to them. i just movd here from NYC. I called back and told them that I could not because I am from NYC and the hospital I went to and offices I went to have no power do to the devastationof Hurricane Sandy. In fact the hospital was evacuated because the back up generators failed. They still won't make an appointment, I have never experienced such a horrible practice. Are they that incompetent that they can't see a patient without medical records. And knowing the situation in NY they still would not see me.I found another doctor at would. Truly uncaring doctors.

Sep 26th, 2012

I am relieved to read that it may not be just me. Something has changed in the past year or two with Dr. Holubec, and I am truly sorry. I am having a very difficult time in making a decision about leaving, she is a wonderful doctor and has helped me tremendously....However, there is a caveat...she can be extremely insulting, and it makes no difference if you are in front of staff or other patients. It's an incredibly humiliating experience. I have never been spoken to or addressed in such a way by any professional in the capacity as I have been by Dr. "Deb".There has been a very high rate of turnover, and the push for procedures is incredible. Considering that I am seeing several doctors...not by choice, but because I have to, everything requires a specialist.I can't imagine the cost if I did not have insurance, so, even with insurance I have to consider everything, the bills come from everywhere, the labs, anesthesia, the doctor's bills, and she isn't the only one I see. At times it feels as though she takes the view she is the only doctor that counts. Doing every procedure she brings up (3 x per year, in addition to monthly visits), which do make functioning through daily life more bearable, brings a high financial cost, that at times would be impossible with everything going on.I will say that there have been more positives...I have learned a great deal about the responsibility that a patient must take with regard to taking an active role in caring responsibly for themselves, as well as being respectful of a doctor who works very diligently in an extremely difficult specialty. It has to be an incredibly stressful specialty, particularly with coming into contact with patients who may be somewhat cavalier about appointments, losing prescriptions, or whatever else may arise. I can say to anyone who looks to be treated by this physician that a cavalier attitude will not be tolerated, and she means it, she isn't kidding.All said, after reading the previous comment, I also wish the "old" Dr. Holubec would come back.

|  Not Sure WHat Is Going On  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2012

The first couple of years Dr. Deb was incredible. She had the best bed side manner and truly seemed to have compassion for her patients. The last two years have been completely different. Her nurses and office staff are in constant turn over. SHe has berated employees and patients publicly while screaming at them. You never know what will set it off. She's had some great nurses in the past and still has a few good ones now but as with any new employees it's hard to train them in pain management. Being screamed at by my doctor from the room out into the hallway was the most embarrassing moment of my life. And this has happened several times in the last couple of years. Then the next day she's back to the old doctor that I truly respected. Without her in the beginnging of my health condition my life was a mess because I was unable to do anything due to the pain. With the treatments she performed and the medications began working wonderfully I am now about as good as I could be considering the disease process. I do owe her for that. It's so hard to find a good doctor. I really want to keep seeing her because I love the way she practices medicine when she is in her compassionate phase but then it seems I can't stay either because we never know when she will blow up and berate and embarrass us all. I've never seen a profession act or treat people the way I've seen her treat staff and patients. I wish the old doctor Deb would come back.

Jan 17th, 2012

I suffer from chronic pain, and have never been to a more compasionate Doctor. She spends the amount of time needed to answer all my questions, and always has time for me. Very happy with her care.

|  Jeff D.  |  show details
Dec 29th, 2011

I can not express in words my appreciation for Dr. Debbie and her team.

|  Very disappointed with no results  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

On my first visit to Dr. Deb Holubec's office, I found the waiting area was so small and the television so loud it was uncomfortable. I waited for 45 mins after my scheduled appt before being taken back to a room and then another 10 mins to get my vitals taken before I even saw the doctor. She sent me for an MRI and said she would call me when she received the results. 12 days later I stopped in the office to see if she had received the results, the staff took a msg and said the doctor would call me with the results. 5 days later I called the office again and they said they would leave another message for the doctor to call me back. Later that afternoon a staff member called me to schedule a follow-up appt. My second visit to the office was worse than the first and I never saw the doctor. I sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes after my scheduled appt before finding out from the staff that Dr. Holubec was having an "unusual day" and running 1.5 hours behind schedule. I requested my MRI results be sent to my GP and received a note stating I would not be charged for this office visit and left. It's a good thing my pain is not detrimental to my life; otherwise, I don't know what I would have done. It doesn't matter if she is a good doctor if I can't get in to see her in a timely manner. I had to take off work each time for my office visit and can't afford to sit around waiting for 1.5 hours because the doctor is having an "unusual day". I asked if this was typical from the other patients sitting in the waiting area and they mentioned they knew the office double and triple booked appointments and one patient said in the past she herself had waited 2 hrs to see the doctor. For me, this is a lack of respect of my time from both Dr. Holubec and her staff.

|  Awesome Docter  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr.Deb for at least 10 years. She has been a wonderful doctor who has helped me live a good life while dealing with health problems that cause pain. She always takes her time with me and really shows me she really cares about me as a person. She also asks me about my family and remembers the things I have told her in the past and inquires how they are going. I have had at least three procedures done by her and the out comes have been good. She has a wonderful bedside manner and really cares about her patients. And Dave her assistant is equally as wonderful. I cant imagine going to another pain management doctor! The only thing I would change if I could would be the front office people. Most are good but there is one that needs lessons in working with the public. But that would never stop me for going to Dr. Holubec! You wont find any one like her!

|  This Doctor is a liar and so is her staff!!!!  |  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

This Dr. Deb Holubec lied to me and has accused me of being a drug abuser. I have never been a drug abuser and have never been treated by such rude staff. Her office manager said that I was a typical drug seeker and that Dr. Holubec commonly lies to her patients to get rid of them. Stay as far away from this doctor and her partners otherwise you will be put in a category and accused of being a drug seeker and not told the truth about their care for you. She refused to listen to my primary care doctor who spends 45 minutes to an hour with me every single visit where as Dr. Holubec's time spent with her patients is 10-15 minutes tops. Dr. Holubec makes up her mind based on hear say and not the actual facts. She is more concerned about money than her patients and doesn't believe her patients when they are telling the truth and are backed up by their PCP with documentation. Stay far, far away from this practice. These are not helpful pain specialists but money seekers.

|  12 Years Together  |  show details
by Belinda Franklin on Oct 6th, 2010

Dr Deb has been my pain management dr through 4 back surgeries. She truly cares about her patients...she knows the names of my husband, children, mother. She gives her patients options and follows through with them to determine the success of the procedures.

|  Dr Deborah Holubec Rating  |  show details
by Clyde R. Russell on May 3rd, 2010

Dr Deborah Holubec is an excellent physician. She and her staff go the extra mile to ensure each patient gets the best possible treatment and that each patient is treated in a professional and courteous manner. Dr. Deborah Holubec and her staff are the Cream of the Crop!

|  Holubeck Deborah M Md is wonderful!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 3rd, 2010 on insiderpages.com

She treated my slipped disc a few years ago and she was one of the best drs ive ever had. she truly cares about her patients.

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Holubeck Deborah M Md is outstanding in her field of pain management.  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jul 31st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Debbie Holubec for 10 years. She is a kind and compassionate doctor who has helped me to manage my chronic pain...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com