Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Finally real help! show details Finally real help!
by Jenn S. on Dec 28th, 2014

I had been through 6 neurologists before I was told about Dr. Friedman. None of them took time to really listen to me or try anything outside the box. My case is a difficult one and I needed a doctor who wouldn't give up on me like every other doctor had OR accuse me of being a drug seeker. (Keep your narcotics-Take my pain.) Dr. Friedman uses cutting edge treatment that for the first time in 5 YEARS helped me be headache free. With the wait to get in to see her. She is in high demand but week with it! I'd follow her across country if she moved. :-)

by Cheryl B. in Syracuse, N.Y. on May 28th, 2013

Well versed in headache treatment. Paid close attention to the notes I brought to my initial appt. Accurate diagnoses based on history & exam. Dry wit. It did take a year to initially get in to see her but this was because she was in such high demand. VERY disappointed she moved to Texas.

FORGETS TO GO TO YOUR SCHEDUALED APPOINTMENTS show details FORGETS TO GO TO YOUR SCHEDUALED APPOINTMENTS
Aug 17th, 2011

I Waited over a year to get an appointment. When I finally got one the office canceled my appointment and tried to reschedule. After meeting with her for my first appointment she did very little and then scheduled another. Then she didn't even show up to the second appointment. I heard a lot of good things about this doctor, as of now they seem to be all hype.

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
May 31st, 2011

Although Dr. Friedman is difficult to get an appointment with and there's sometimes a long wait in her office, she is really beyond committed to her patients & really a top notch doctor! She is extremely caring and kind!

Find someone else show details Find someone else
Mar 21st, 2011

I see (by a note here), I must have been one of her first patients. She was wrong in her diagnoses at least twice. She is cold and distant. She has no bedside manner. I see she likes research and herself. Guess she may be good at research but not in interpersonal interaction. She was so wrong in her medical opinions in my case. I was diagnosed by her (2nd opinion) having MS. Though she originally thought I had mennincoccical meningitis (don't expect accurate spelling). She didn't believe me when I told her I had a MS diagnoses until it was confirmed clinically.Our conversations were a strain on me as she didn't either care or was wrong in her opinions. She should not have been allowed to accept me as a patient when she knows nothing about Multiple Sclerosis. Terrible experience. Waisted my time in terms of years. Patients need to have faith in their physicians opinion. She frustrated the heck out of me but I believed her when she gave an opinion. I discovered after she moved to Rochester, how wrong her opinions were. Way too late for a patient in need of quality service.