General Practitioners, Internist

Belleville
13 Gerold Ln
Belleville, IL 62223
Locations and availability (2)

1.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  my review  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2013

I found Dr. McDermott to be curt, abrasive, dismissive, and otherwise dis-respectful of me as a patient. I saw her twice. The first time I thought maybe she was just having a bad day. The second time, a year later, was the same. I changed physicians that same day. I would never recommend her or go to her again.

|  Very Unhappy  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

I have had the worst experience with Dr. McDermott. Both my husband and I felt very insulted by the way she treated us during our appointments. We have definately made the decision to change to another doctor immediately. We never got the answers we needed and were made to feel like our questions were unimportant and stupid. Very unhappy and will definately tell friends and family to stay away from this office.

|  Aren't people supposed to go to a Dr. to feel better??!!!  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

I wish I had read these reviews before I made an appointment with her. Condescending and cold doesn't even begin to tell the story of her "bedside" manner (she doesn't have one). I'm glad that in this economy she feels so superior that she can treat people the way she does and not care how they feel about it and how many leave her practice! I wish there was a listing for less than Poor, because beside caring I would have marked "Has no heart"or "Get out of this field..it is a people business, you witch with an MD behind your name." Had I not been in only a gown and underwear, I would have gotten up and walked out in the beginning of my first visit with her; she is THAT RUDE. Oh, and by the way, there are MANY ways that a lesbian can have children, or have you been under a rock for the past 20 years??

|  Bad manners  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

Dr. McDermott is condescending and does not appear to understand the psychological need of the geriatric community.

|  Very Rude  |  show details
Sep 7th, 2011

My mother recently went to Dr. McDermott and left extremely upset at the way she treated her. She stated she was rude and treated her with no respect barking orders at her and telling her that if she didn't do what she said she would not be at her practice very long. This is no way to speak to a anyone especialy a new patient to the practice. Based on the other two comment listed this seems like a pattern with this provider. We will be looking for another doctor.

|  Rude, disrespectful, and uncaring  |  show details
by Searching for another doctor on Aug 18th, 2010

I have been with Dr. McDermott for 6 years, and each time I have met with her, I have been treated rudely and disrespectfully. Twice I have needed her (very ill) and twice I have been told that I need to make an apt. the following week because I hadn't been in for my 1yr. checkup yet. That did not help me at all. She always makes me feel like I am below her and a waste of her time.

|  show details
Jan 14th, 2010

Based on my own personal experience this doctor is not worthy of her title. When once speaking to her about a health issue her response was "I am going out of town and do not have time to deal with this right now. Apalling!!!! I believe she disrespects and disregards people who are elderly. She should be stripped of her title and her license shredded and burned.