General Practitioner, Internists

850 Boylston St
Ste 402
Chestnut Hill, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
617-732-9300
Locations and availability (3)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Defensive and nasty when asked a question  |  show details
by Alice S on Sep 5th, 2013

When I asked a question as to the purpose of a particular test, Dr. Pressman responded in a defensive, nasty way. I didn't think asking was out of line but she responded in a nasty, attacking manner. Hmmm. It is hard to trust a doctor who tries bullying tactics instead of simply answering a patient's question and concern.

|  Avoid this Doc!  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2013

Inexplicably rude, condescending, and not knowledgeable about the basics. Also, as another reviewer pointed out, asked about birth control and I was there for a completely unrelated issue. Complete waste of time, and dealing with this doc was an extremely unpleasant experience. I hope docs like her are rare. (staff very pleasant)

|  Shockingly Rude  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2012

One of the most myopic individuals I have come across. Fixates on medications ("Who prescribed THAT?"), interrupted me over 15 times condecendingly during my visit and did nothing to help with what I visited her for. Don't know how she is working in this field. Does not listen at all and ordered the wrong tests. Asked intently about my choice of birth control on a totally unrelated visit. too many things to list really.

|  Saved my life...  |  show details
Oct 8th, 2012

I came across the reviews here and had to comment. While I agree with many of the previous comments, her demeanor is one of the factors which saved my life. I saw Dr. Pressman due to Anorexia around 2000. She has an expert in the area, having specialized in it prior. She knew me and my diagnosis extremely well. She was beyond strong with her approach with me, which is absolutely what I needed. She did not put up with anything I attempted to pull over her and appeared to be one step ahead of me the entire time. I live on Cape Cod and felt ridiculously lucky to have her so close by, when I was struggling so significantly. I look back and think of her as an imperative part of the team who inevitably saved my life.

|  show details
Feb 14th, 2012

An extremely unpleasant experience going to this doctor. She was rude and unhelpful. It doesn't seem as if she has any interest in helping people, but rather takes pleasure in being hostile. However, the staff was very nice.

|  Find someone else.  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2010

The worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever met. Was sarcastic about some my past diagnoses, showed a total lack of understanding of chronic illness, was chomping at the bit to give me a pap smear when I insisted I had another gynocologist, was just rude. When she came in the room she looked me up and down as she was saying hellp as if she was assessing me with my clothing on. I told her I was not currently sexually active and she kept pressing the issue about what form of birth control I should use. So obtuse.

|  rude and unhelpful  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2010

Rude, sarcastic and argumentative. Also, offered no possible diagnosis or any suggestions to relieve severe symptoms of what was later diagnosed by a competent doc. as a serious infection. This is the type of doc. who gives other docs. a bad rap.