Dr. Deborah Riester MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

September 8th, 2016
Great doctor
My diabetes was out of control. After I saw Dr Riester doing much better. On a plan and see her on a regular basis.

March 6th, 2016
great visit
got right to the point. took care of my problem, ordered some tests and asked lots of questions to make sure she had the story straight. If your looking for a doc that asks you 3 questions and out the door go someplace else, She is thorough.

October 23rd, 2015
Great
Dr. Reister was my GP for 10 years. She was excellent. I always felt very cared for.

October 11th, 2015
great help
I waited a bit to get in but she helpedme tremendously . She ran some tests and didnt just guess like my other doctors

April 5th, 2015
best doctor I have been to in years
excellent physician, very detailed got my exact diagnosis. got my diabetes under control when other docs could not. calls me back on all my labs even if it is after hours and takes away time form her family

August 11th, 2013
What specialty?
I chose Dr Riester since she is an Endocrinologist. During the period of time I saw her at no time did she do a fine needle biopsy of my Thyroid. I was having them every 6 months prior to seeing her...Dr Riester is unable to focus on anything at all for a period of time...Forgetful, test happy, with no reason to run certain tests. Medical assistant who presents herself as a nurse? Relays messages to patients and is not qualified to do this. This is the Doc's job not a person on her staff...Dr Riester is just NOT a good choice at all. Poor availability to patents who should be able to speak with her directly! Medical assistants should not answer or relay answers to patients. Riester is great if you are not sick, Not my idea of a Doctor. Does not believe in the "right diagnosis" on her patients, even when corrected...

May 9th, 2013
I do not recommend this doctor at all. If you want to be micromanaged, then this is the one for you. She also does not believe what the patient is saying. I have told her other diagnosis from doctors with supporting documentation and she will not put it in my file. I have been called in for appointments that have no merit. I have to repeat everything at each appt. I am a person with feelings, she needs a people skills course and she does not explain the drugs she wants to put you on. Why is this doctor still in practice??

September 5th, 2012
It's nothing personal...
Dr. Riester plays very defensive, test oriented medicine in my opinion. The problem is if your issue can't be diagnosed in a single appointment the next appointment is spent re-covering the first appointment(s), and it gets progressively worse so that all of the time she spends with me is going over stuff we've gone over many times before. I've only ever seen a couple of men as patients, and probably hundreds of women as patients. There is not a single male employee of this group practice, perhaps 15 or more current employees, and I don't recall there ever having been a male employee since they opened their practice in Natick. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable about this.

July 25th, 2012
Reviewing patient hystory
Just recently started seeing Dr. Riester I needed pain medication for an ongoing problem. each time she sent me to another DR. and I asked just recently for something to help with pain. NO another procedure requested. I then left the office looking at my paper work . Right in front of my eyes on the report it states I am an alcoholic Here is the reason... I think see said no. Good reason, However I HAVE NOT HAD A DRINK SINCE 1992 19 YEARS AGO. I think she need to review history on a person before jumping the gun.

June 6th, 2011
Great Dr
I do always wait at this office... but I wait at EVERY dr I have. I really don't mind waiting and acutally expect to wait and plan it around my very busy schedule. I'm in the medical field and know that most of the time a good dr is going to take time with patients, overbook and run behind.. period. Dr Reister is not warm and fuzzy but she's an excellent dr and thorough. Everyone has different needs and if you need someone to ask you how you like your job , how your personal life is going etc.. find another dr!

April 28th, 2011
same as all the other reviews
Long wait times, she is almost ALWAYS running late. The only time I didn't have to wait long was when I was the first appointment of the day.She is very brisk in her line of questioning about symptoms - while you are still speaking or explaining symptoms she is saying "OK" and asking other questions.She seems to have a horrible memory for basically any item of your medical history (even when she has written it down many times in the past).She will ask the same question multiple times in the same visit (as if she forgot she just asked it 2 mins ago). I just don't feel like I'm getting quality care and in fact feel that she might miss something important and that is NOT the kind of thing you want to continually worry about with a doctor.

July 16th, 2010
Same as the others
She spends a lot of time with me, goes over the same things again and again and is always late.