Dr. Deborah Rowan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

October 19th, 2015
Inducing and C-sections
How many other moms have been diagnosed with "big baby"? This doctor (and technicians) have been saying my baby is going to be really big since I was 34 weeks. They are sure to tell me that each time I go in for a check-up. At 36 weeks, Dr. Rowan started talking to me about c-sections or inducing rather than letting nature take it's course. I am not having any health problems, yet they are suggesting that I be induced at 39 weeks. When I said I didn't want to be induced she then suggested a C-section if the baby is huge. I had to ask how reliable are ultrasounds to measure a baby's weight? She said it was not really reliable but it's the only thing we have. It can be off by 1-3 pounds. I don't like that this provider isn't willing to go the distance for a vaginal birth and is into scaring me (and my husband) into something I don't want. If you want to do things naturally, I would not recommend Dr. Rowan.

February 7th, 2011
Great doctor
My husband and I had had a lot of bad luck with conception and finding a doctor. Dr. Rowan listened to us, performed a lap on me and we were pregnant within 2 cycles. Down side to dealing w Goodman & Partridge as a whole: unless I schedule my due date, I most likely will not have Dr Rowan. I am unable to have an epidural so I would prefer no interventions unless baby or myself are in danger and though I feel most of the doctors I've met in the offices are excellent, I don't feel they will be able or willing to meet my needs for a natural birth.It is so convenient that they have so many docs and locations but at the same time it hinders personal care and often I have been treated unkindly by staff that I don't deal with more regularly. And most of the u/s techs I have come across were pretty rude to me.If you plan to go natural, I would suggest a different doctor but Dr. Rowan is knowledgable and caring!

August 8th, 2010
i like my OB/GYN
she is very easy to communicate with and i really appreciate that she worked with me through my whole pregnancy on high blood pressure problem. All other doctors wanted me to be on pills and she gave me a chance to get it under control on my own, and for that i really grateful to her! She does listen and helps you make the right decision and i never had a problem with scheduling appointments with her! I would definitely recommend her to all of my friends! Thank you Dr. Rowan

April 30th, 2010
Most UN-Compassionate OB in the Valley!
After waiting over an hour for my appt. only to find out I had to get rescheduled due to a scheduling snafu in the office... a nurse asked me if I had any pressing issues I needed to discuss with the dr. prior to my resched. appt. I mentioned to her that what with my hyperemisis (severe nausea & vomiting during pregnancy)... I had been suffering a migraine the last 3 days, I thought being dehydrated was contributing. The nurse went back to relay the info. to Dr. Rowan. She returned and said. "Dr. Rowan said she's not a headache dr." I just looked at her; stunned. I asked her if she was serious. She nodded. I just couldn't believe that she didn't care about the well-being of my unborn child. She wasn't going to bother to see if dehydration was a factor... she wasn't going to give me any treatment options... nothing! Needless to say, I've found a new OB!