Surgeons, Plastic Surgery Specialist
Claudia Herke
44199 Dequindre Rd
Troy, MI 48085
248-964-5170
Locations and availability (3)

|  The Picasso of Breast Surgeons  |  show details
by Smurf on Jan 28th, 2014

After meeting with a number of breast surgeons in 1999, I chose Dr. Deborah Ruark to perform my lumpectomy. She had the best “bed side manner” and seemed extremely conscientious and caring. She also “listened.” I found that many surgeons do not. Another plus is that she did not rush to judgment. The other doctors pushed for a full mastectomy. She offered choices with sound reasoning and compassionate counsel. Nothing felt forced. For a number of years after my surgery other doctors were surprised at how little scarring I had. I was equally impressed with her work. When fate had it 13 years later that I needed a mastectomy, I returned to Dr. Ruark. One again, her work was amazing. Like many people, I was in shock when I learned I needed a mastectomy and seeing photographs of some of the surgical results online did nothing to ease my concerns. Fortunately I was, once again, blessed to have Dr. Ruark in charge. This time I also had Dr. Michael Meininger as my plastic surgeon (for breast reconstruction). The results of Dr. Ruark’s work are nothing short of amazing. I thought I’d fall apart when the bandages came off but instead I was as pleasantly surprised as one can be under the circumstances. She is truly the “Picasso” of surgery. My husband and I are so very grateful.

|  show details
Jul 20th, 2009

Great experience overall! She and her office staff are professionals and they made me feel comfortable in spite of my diagnosis.