Dr. Deborah Russell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8
  • 11 reviews

November 3rd, 2016
Dr. Russell gets 5 stars. She listens and explaines clearly. Wait time maybe 10 min. The NP on the other hand is always 30-45min behind.

February 8th, 2016
Very dissatisfied my miscarriage could have been prevented
I initially went to see them because my husband and I were having difficulty conceiving. We had been trying for 2 years and I'm now 29. They tested us both. Ran lab work on me 3 different times for many different things and they said we were fine and it just takes time. I finally got pregnant 3 months later with my first pregnancy I was 3 wks along called there and they said they would see me at 10 wks to come back then. I started having light bleeding called back because I was concerned. They told me to come in and I had many different lab tests ran. Everything came back good so they sent me home. Still kept having bleeding I called back and they seen me again and they gave me an ultrasound at 4 wks the dr told me she thinks I was miscarrying and these things just happen and for me to prepare myself and that I should never have known this early I was pregnant anyways. I miscarried at 5 wks. Come to find out my thyroid was what caused my miscarriage. It was in the 6 range! Dr. Russell tested me for everything except my thyroid. I was just told I was miscarrying and that its normal. Please all the women out there please ask to have your thyroid checked. It could save your baby's life.

October 20th, 2015
Only cares about money!
horrible. The NP was so cold. Barley gave eye contact and didn't want to hear anything I had to say. She comes in and sat down and started filling out papers left and right for labs, labs, labs! I didn't go there for that. I just wanted a simple annual. She Seriously walked in the door said hi without looking at me and started filling out slips for labs. Money on the mind. Forget that place. She didn't want to hear one thing I had to say. I knew seeing a NP would go bad. I have never once had a good experience with one.

January 13th, 2015
Very unprofessional. I was turned away due to the Nurse practiononer not being comfortable with me. I've never had a problem their before. I've had two of my pregnancy through them and I've heard and experience nothing but great thing till she came on board with their staff. I'm very unimpressed and I will never recommend this office to anyone.

March 20th, 2013
I went to Dr. Russell because I felt it was the best thing to do. However, in the end it wasn't . My child was born early and even to this day suffers with several health problems. She won't listen to you and if she doesn't agree with you, she will simply walk out of the room. She use to have 2 very nice NP's however once they left it seems like there is a revolving door of NP's that once you get to know them poof they are gone. She can't even begin to connect with her patients or be understanding.

June 5th, 2012
sort of aggressive...
Doctor Russell had horrible bedside manner and almost yelled at me when I asked questions. I am changing doctors immediately because of her caustic tone and lack of compassion. Definitely not a place for pregnant women!

August 23rd, 2011
Go else where.
I must say the staff is very nice and decor/waiting room and exam rooms are very cozy and soothing. HOWEVER, you wait a minimum of 30 mins past your apt time every time. Dr Russell is not interested in you being a part of your treatment at all. I am a diabetic mom, and while not a dr. I know my body. My insulin dose was too high and I could not get her to listen let along change it. I just got sent back and forth to her nutritionist as she is unable to make any decision about insulin on her own. I DID'T need help with my eating, i needed help with my dose. The nutritionist just said eat more. (Hard to do when you aren't keeping stuff down). I lowered my insulin on my own and she was furious. I left the practice and found a better dr. If you like blindly following orders and not having any say in your care this is the place for you. If you want to be treated as a intelligent adult - go elsewhere. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

February 23rd, 2011
Would definatley reccomend to others
My have to wait for appointments at times, but the staff is very friendly and everything is explained in great detail. Dr. Russell along with her office staff I believe goes above and beyond what I ever expected.

November 12th, 2010
thinks she is a know it all.
Does not listen to patients, takes upon herself to tell the patient whats wrong. Carelessness judgment, has poor reasoning.

February 15th, 2010
Great Lady!
I've been seeing Dr. Russell for over 10 years during which she has always been caring and concerned! Getting an appt. sometimes takes longer than I'd like but her appts have always been on time except for one instance when she had to leave for the hospital for a delivery -which is quite understandable!

December 26th, 2009
went to her with my first pregnancy
I was very sick and was told it was in my head because I was a young mother, I was 22? My baby was almost 10 pounds and 22 1/2 inches which was known and my due date was never moved. She was the opposite of gentle and caring almost like she had this attitude of "I did it now buck up" no compassion what so ever.