Dr. Deborah Sommer MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Pittsburgh, PA

3.2

October 19th, 2015
exceptionally kind, friendly, and very smart

April 30th, 2015
It is very hard to get this doctor to respond to your phone call about test results.

October 2nd, 2013
Top Doc
I have nothing but positive comments about Dr. Sommer and her staff. We had an emergency situation arise and Dr. Sommer was there to save our baby's life. When it really counts, please believe me that you will want to best doctor right there with you. There are a lot of great doctors out there, but Dr. Sommer is one of the top docs to choose from.

May 10th, 2013
Mixed message not preventative dr.
Doesn't recommend or offer prenatal care as in preconception care you have to do your own research and and bring it to her and ask questions because she doesn't offer any prior getting your body ready months before trying to get pregnant which any moron knows you need to take precautions and vitamins and she was completely unknowledgeable about what vitamins were best for me. I was told one medication was okay to take while I was pregnant then found out a week later she changed and had the nurse tell me I can not take it during pregnancy. So my baby could be harmed and if I didn't do my thorough investigating I would not have known to tell my own dr what I needed!

July 19th, 2010
Terrible Doctor!
This doctor was terrible at handling my labor/delivery. I went for 32 hours after my water broke in labor. Epidural did not work (not her fault), was in agonizing pain, but fought with my husband and me to not do a C-section. Baby was 9.5 pounds, was not BUDGING, and something had to be done. Finally did surgery. Then she told me after the fact had no idea baby was so big, and I would have not been able to deliver vaginally anyway. STAY AWAY FROM THIS ONE!

April 23rd, 2010
rude doc
The office staff and nurse i dealt with were very nice, but i found the doctor to be very ignorant and uncaring. She got very rude and snappy with me when i asked questions about my newly diagnosed condition!