Dr. Deborah Cantrell MD Patient Reviews

3.3

February 14th, 2017
Great bedside manner, took time with me and was very thorough

September 14th, 2016
Migraines & Seizures
We did quite a few test to determine the cause of my migraines however she was able to determine the cause and the medications so far have been helping them immensely.

July 13th, 2016
Seizure FREE!!
I love Dr. Cantrell, she is bar the best neurologist I have ever met. She is very compassionate and empathetic. She was very understanding of my needs and knew exactly how to treat it.

April 21st, 2016
Thankfully, I am with Dr. Cantrell
I am not through with my visits yet, but as the daughter of a medical doctor who practiced from 1951 - 1984, I have seen many unfavorable changes in medicine. Dr. Cantrell is so thorough and caring that I cannot imagine being under anyone else's care.

March 24th, 2016
Heed this warning
I went to see Dr. Cantrell in January. At first she seemed nice but off putting. She diagnosed me with epilepsy and insisted I begin anti epileptic medications immediately, I had never had a seizure and she was basing this on an inpatient EEG. When I explained how the medication was adversely reacting with me she insisted I take more. It got so bad for me I became suicidal. As it turns out she was WRONG but her arrogance prevented her from investigating other possibilities. As it turns out I have vestibular migraine with meniers disease and if she had stepped off her pedestal, she literally stood on a pedistal, and listened it would have saved me six months of pain. Please do yourself a favor and never see this women. If I could have sued her I would have.

January 13th, 2016
I hope my next neurologist is better.
I was a patient with Dr. Cantrell for almost 4 years. I had to find a neurologist ASAP, because I was pregnant and needed treatment. I found her because she was close to my home, and I didn't know any better about the reviews. Now I do. It is like pulling teeth to get appointments. If you ever owe a dime, they won't make arrangements to pay when you come in, and they refuse to give you an appointment until you pay. You go through blood work, EEGs, MRIs, cognitive mapping, IQ tests, and medication dosage changes at least twice a year. Appointments are 3 months apart. Appointments literally last 5 minutes, after you have waited a minimum of 20 minutes. Her bedside manner is terrible. Whenever I had questions, she either didn't answer questions or just responded with "maybe". Her MA refused to fill my medication the last time I needed it, because I hadn't had my appointment for blood work yet. I am now getting a new neurologist.

June 25th, 2015
She jumped to conclusions didn't read my file didn't look at my previous test results. I would not recommend her

April 20th, 2015
Waited over 3 hours for a 10 minute visit. Her staff keep telling me she was running behind. Come to find out she doubles her appointment with the office in Irving. I decided to visit a different doctor and took hiring an attorney to get my records from her.

July 10th, 2014
Very satisfied
10 days out to get appointment but for specialty docs I have found that not unusual. I saw Dr. Cantrell on time. She was very professional, honest, and friendly. She was pretty sure of diagnosis but just to be on the safe side she ordered an MRI to complement my Cat Scan from primary care. Also she ordered blood tests and referred me to a neuro-ophthamologist to focus in on the exact problem. I would recommend her.

June 25th, 2014
I'm sorry to say...
Initially upon coming under care, I was well pleased. I thought the myriad of exams ordered by dr. Cantrell were standard since I was a new patient to her (even though I had substantial medical records available to her). But as long as I was under insurance everything was fine but when I lost my job things became a bit more complicated. She helped me receive my meds through the patient assistance program as long as I could see her every six months. I was fired from another job after sustaining visible injuries from a grand mal seizure and my unemployment was initially denied and I missed my appt. Dr . Cantrell refused to refil my meds until I was able to get in her office. Once I did, she still refused to refill my prescription unless I got a new EEG, MRI, CT scan and bloodwork. I had 4 grand mal seizures in the mean time and she refuses to accept affordable healthcare coverage and now her office refuses to return my calls. So I'm sorry to say the care is not genuine as I thought but apparently about squeezing as much money out of you or your insurance company as possible for a 2-3 min office visit.

November 25th, 2013
Review
If you want a physician that will help you find some answers, this is one of the best in the metroplex. Her resume speaks for itself. Yes, she is direct, but never rude. She is also highly experienced in her field. Dr. Cantrell is very thorough, which is what my husband and I wanted which we lacked from our regular neurologist. Epilepsy monitoring was successful, and with Dr. Cantrell's help, my husband has been seizure free for 2 months. If you want the best, I would highly recommend Dr. Cantrell, if you want to be coddled, she is not for you. Neurology is still in it's infancy, you have to go into her office with an open mind b/c sometimes the answers she gives you, aren't the ones you want to hear.

October 27th, 2013
listen to the reviews!
Before visiting Dr. Cantrell I had read the bad reviews and decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. Upon the first visit she ordered numerous tests along with a lengthy amount of blood work. I explained to her that this has been a hard year full of Dr.s visits, medical bills, and with a $12,000 deductible I only wanted to do the most important of tests first. She never heard a word I said. Long story short, the reviews are right. Dr. Cantrell talks down to you and refuses to answer any questions you may have. We had an appointment to go over 3 MRI's and a 3 day EEG test. She didn't have the results of the EEG and forgot to tell me the results of 1 of my MRI's. I was too afraid to ask for the results since she treats you like an idiot. While in the car on my way home, somebody from her office called to tell me that I would need therapy on my back and that they found a cyst in the MRI and that I would need to go see my OBGYN if I had any questions. No apologies that I was JUST in the office a few minutes before and that DR. Cantrell forgot to even look at that MRI. I left the office and promised my husband I would never go back. He found her every bit as arrogant as I did.