Pediatricians

312 E Renfro St
Ste 105
Burleson, TX 76028
817-426-6887
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  *DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS PHYSICIAN*  |  show details
by KJ T. on Feb 5th, 2014

First things first... You cannot get anyone to answer the phone no matter what option you choose on the recorded message when you call the practice. Secondly, the disconnect between the office staff and Doctor is atrocious! Due to their lack of communication I am out of pocket an additional $109.00 for "expertise and opinion" according to the Doctor (upon exit of the facility I was told by the office staff that everything was done at no charge per my insurance company, then two days later miraculously told that I owe an additional $109.00). The way the Doctor speaks to people is appalling... I do not speak to my dogs the way that she spoke to my child and I (in the office and on the subsequent "collection" call). I would not recommend this practice to my worst enemy! Do NOT put your child through this!!!!!!!

|  Crackpot Outdated and Never again.  |  show details
Jan 6th, 2014

We went to see my childs new doctor today, here are just a few of the things we learned. 1. They play junk science videos in the lobby about how the earth is only 8,000 years old, nevermind that logic alone tears apart the junk science in the video, not to mention most scientists in the world. The claim a canyon could be cut in just a few years by a river of the size in the video...wow. 2. My child is supposed to eat the following in a day, 2 green vegetables, 2 yellow vegetables, 3 fruits, 3 cereals, 3 bottles, plus snacks. And how precisely is my child supposed to eat this and not explode? 3. My child weighs 1.5 pounds more than she did 3 months ago, at 17 pounds, nevermind every other scale we have her on comes out between 24 and 26. 4. Because my child has mucus in her nose and a red ring on her butt she has some strange strep. Nevermind it was 14 degrees when we left the house and she is getting over a reaction to destin...those aren't important at all. 5. My child has a flat spot that has gotten loads better, but the doctor grabs my childs head and starts jerking it around to show us what to do to make it go away, and apparently our child only looks one direction and this is a sign of bad mental development (Rayna was looking at her mother and looks any direction that has something "cool") 6. She put flouride on my childs two teeth...nevermind it has now been proven that damages a childs teeth, it does not improve them. Conclussion: Dr. Deborah Cook needs to go back to medical school. Thats right, I called you out. Keep your kids away from Childrens Center in Burleson Texas, crackpot medicine at work!

|  Ridiculous doctor!  |  show details
by Unknown on May 13th, 2013

I'm very confused as to why my son has "ear infections" EVERYTIME we have an appointment. Strange that he never lets me know his ears bother him. There's no change after giving him ear drops. Yes ear drops can't hurt, but if she's prescribing stuff that is unnessicery then that's a concern to what else she will prescribe. She has asked me about 3-4 times EVERY time I'm there about asthma running in our family even though I tell her NO each time. She never mentions any breathing problems with my son so I'm unsure why she would ask this... She's a very blunt person and there are things she needs to keep from saying like how to feed my son as if I've never done it before. This is my 2nd son and if I can keep the 1st one alive I'm pretty sure I can handle the 2nd. I understand advice on how to feed solids to a 4 month old but to tell me if I don't do it a certain way that I'm not doing it right, is rude and butting into someone's life where she needs to back off. Pediatricians care for kids not force the kids/parents to do it her way! I'm currently looking for another doctor we can connect with better. P.s. the assistant at the front desk (heavy set) is a freak about paperwork (im sure it has something to do with how her boss treats her about the paperwork) telling me she was going to turn me and my 2 sons with pneumonia away if my paperwork wasn't done within 10 mins. Nobody else was in the office... Why would you turn away a deathy ill baby and 2 year old for paperwork??? Staff has same attitude as doc.

|  Do not send you children here!  |  show details
by Angry mother on Mar 23rd, 2013

Deborah Cook is a QUACK! She is very rude, if you give an opinion and she disagrees she will try to make you feel like an idiot. She misdiagnosed my son for almost two months, prescribing 3 different antibiotics, which led him to the emergency room. She does not do theral examinations, takes a guess at what the problem may be, and sends you home with antibiotics hoping one will work. Also, making an appointment is a ridiculous process. Its not possible to speak with anyone unless you go through the automated steps and they finally decide to call you back. Needless to say, I will no longer take my kids here, ever!!

|  Misdiagnosed and Stalked Us Threatening CPS  |  show details
Jun 27th, 2012

This woman is absolutely NUTS! Stay away! She is a major alarmist and will diagnose a problem and prescribe antibiotics before she does and examination and tests. We got a second and third opinion and she was absolutely wrong. No sickness or need for antibiotics found. When she started calling and stating that the baby needed further testing, we informed her she was no longer our doctor. This nutcase turned into a stalker. She harrassed us for days, demanding to know what doctor we were changing to or she was calling CPS! We did not tell her and she CALLED CPS! Cook Children's Hospital and the new Doctor have the documentation to prove she is a quack. Hope she gets a doctor like she is when she needs one!Story not over...

Jan 23rd, 2012

No one answers the phone it goes to answering machine with a 5 minute message before you are allowed to leave a message to get an appt or call back. She is not available through an answering service or phone number after hours or weekends. The phone number given is to the hospital. If you have any questions or need to talk with your child's Dr it's not gonna happen

|  TERRIBLE Experience  |  show details
May 13th, 2011

I WISH I could rate this doctor more accurately but I have been calling for four days and still don't have an appointment! Debra Cook is our PCP on our insurance and I haven't met her because in order to set up an appointment you have to call, listen to like 10 minutes of voicemail instruction, leave a message with ALL of your information and then wait for a callback. The first day they called me back and left me a very rude voicemail saying that I didn't leave all the information necessary for an appointment. Since then I guess they just aren't wasting their time with me. In my opinion this facility must be cold and impersonal to have a set up like this. Find a better doctor for your children.

|  Extremely Pleased  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

I am very pleased with this doctor. She is very thorough as she does everything by herself. We have been seeing Dr. Cook for 2 years since moving to Texas and am completely satisfied with her level of care. I understand how people can feel in the other reviews, but she truly is examining all the facts as she is evaluating your child. The only complaint I have is speaking to a recording when I call the office. I am always to get an appointment the same day when I call and am usually the only family in the waiting room. I have never felt rushed in her office.

|  Completely unhappy with level of care  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2010

I would not recommend this doctor. I do not believe she did a professional job and my son had been going to her for a year and she did so many things that were not right. I dont know how else to explain it. I were very unhappy and I would never recommend this doctor.

|  Very bad bed side manner very cocky  |  show details
by anonymous on Sep 1st, 2010

I have been going to Doctor cook for 3 years now and she is very blunt with no expression. If you get on her bad side (if you disagree with anything she says) she will belittle you. Like I said she does not have a very good bedside manner. She is a good doctor but, in a doctor you look for someone that you connect with and trust for your childs healthcare. You always have to leave a message to get ahold of her or to ask her anything (haven't tried emailing). It is very aggrivating!!!! The staff has the same additude as she does.

by Jamie on Apr 11th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Dr Cook is awesome. She's a good Dr and listens to the parents. Every child in my family including my own go to her. My sons have asthma and allergies. She always makes sure they are stocked with meds. She is quick to get you in if your child is sick and is very good with the kids. She is honest and makes sure you know how to properly care for your sick child. The only thing that does bother me is that you have to leave a message and wait for someone to call you back. But that is a minor thing to deal with if you have found yourself a good Dr. I would highly recommend Dr Cook as your childs pedi-Dr.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Apr 6th, 2009

She is a Doctor that follows through with whatever test needs to be done and very prompt!!! Awsome Pediatrician

May 18th, 2008 on yahoo.com

My daughter has seen Dr Cook for a couple of years and I really like her. I don't particularly like her office set up..it's very low income looking (however, she is a Medicaid and Chips physician so..)with plastic lawn type chairs and such. However, what

Read Full Review at yahoo.com