Dr. Debra Barnett MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.8

October 19th, 2016
malpractice!!!!

April 18th, 2016
DO NOT SEE THIS CHARLATAN!!!!!!!!
This woman should surrender her license to practice medicine. She was over 1 hour late (with an apology) for our appointment. She was condescending, accusatory, and judgemental when she spoke to me. She spent a total of 30 minutes with me. The drug test she preformed detected a medication I've never taken, but did NOT detect two medications I had taken? How is that possible? She, nor anyone from her office, ever contacted me to discuss her 'findings' or her decisions. She then accused me of being non compliant with her decisions. Hard to be compliant if you don't know what those 'decisions' are. DO NOT SEE THIS WOMAN!!!!!! If you're ordered to see her for an IPN evaluation? Do whatever you have to, to see someone else.

September 21st, 2015
Horrible
Dr. Barnett is the worst Doctor I have ever seen. Her stuck up "better than you" attitude is the worst I've ever seen. She is worthless

July 23rd, 2015
Don't go here!!!
Worst psychiatrist I've been to in 25 years ! She's just in it for the money she doesn't care about you !!

May 5th, 2015
She cold and uncaring. I wanted to get help for my husband and she would not even speak to me about his situation. I have seen no improvement in his condition.

April 13th, 2015
Not recommended at all.
- Refused to listen to everything I had to say about my condition and proceeded to un-diagnose a very blatant mental illness my past psychiatrists and therapists diagnosed me with. - Her wait time is 30- 1 hour AFTER the scheduled time. - Despite her age, she seems very inexperienced with correctly diagnosing and handling patients. - She is very impersonal, and even attempted to make me feel guilty about my illness, as if it were all my fault. - I left my last session extremely disgruntled, and VERY hurt, and I'm going to see a different doctor who can actually help me. Overall, I would NOT recommend, her. PLEASE don't waste your money.

February 2nd, 2015
She did not listen to me. She already made my diagnosis before I even talked to her. She is never wrong and argued with me. She informed me to find another dr. Very poor Dr.

May 13th, 2013
IPN evaluation
I had a brief alcohol relapse in Feb, after two years of sobriety and was ordered by IPN to have this evaluation. I paid out of pocket 525.00 for Dr. Barnett's evaluation. Her recommendation was for me to enter an in-patient rehab/ or hospitalization. I am in shock that she would recommend such extreme measures, mostly based on my past attempts at rehab. Obviously this Doctor / Therapist does not believe that people can change and that recovery is an on-going process.

November 20th, 2012
Literally the worst health care professional I have ever come into contact with in my life. Incompetent, lazy, unprofessional, and just downright shady.

March 12th, 2012
Dr. Barnett is the most caring and smart doctor's I have seen in my long history of Psychiatrists and Psychologists. She listens not only to what you're specifically trying to get across to her but also hints you subconsciously give while speaking about other things. I drive over an hour from work, and two from home to see her and I've been doing it for two years. This should speak to how much faith I have in her.

December 20th, 2011
I needed a note from her to return to work after absence. I waited for over a week for the note and missed all that time because she was too busy to write that I could return to work with no restrictions. I could have lost my job. I was seeing her for depression and anxiety and when I called to advise my depression had worsened she did not call me back and her staff simply advised she would see me in 4 days at my scheduled appointment. Gee thanks.

December 5th, 2011
Front office staff not professional. Make assumpations on patients activity. Can be rude & condescending. Also been know to speak for the Docter. If your looking for caring & compassion keep looking !!!! FYI. They charge 25 $ to make a phone call to pharmacey for medications !!! And this service cannot be billed to your insurance company!!