inactive

Debra L Bunger MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.4

no change

September 22nd, 2016
Disappointing 3-Year Experience
Dr. Bunger is simply unprofessional. Her 8 minute sessions consist of her looking at the computer and filling out electronic scripts to pharmacies. She put me on unnecessary medications. I consulted other physicians and when I expressed my desire to end them, she did not like it. Her office is a disaster -- talk about a nut house. Thank heavens I have found superior care from another psychiatrist.

March 31st, 2016
Dr. Bunger is a very good psychiatrist. In our case, the first doctor who actually took time trying to understand a very serious problem and addressed it. Genuinely caring for her patients, but she has a no-nonsense, upfront attitude, so perhaps may not be suited for patients craving for artificial sweetness in doctors' manners. It's hard to find a good psychiatrist, she is the one!

October 8th, 2015
Dr. Bunger takes a holistic approach to medicine and has done 100% right by me.

September 21st, 2015
I will stick with Dr Bunger for another 5 years
Great Psychiatrist and MD. Treats my symptoms not my diagnosis's Very Knowledgeable about treating symptoms associated with BiPolar Disorder, Schizoid Affect spectrums, ADHD, Anxiety, Special training for kids with disorders. Takes CoveredCA blue cross. Only complaint would be that I have gone to walk in clinic to only find it cancelled a few times ... Over 5 years though.

February 19th, 2015
I was told the visit would be covered, received big bill.

September 10th, 2013
Doesn't care about patients mental health, UN-ETHICAL DOCTOR
Dr. Bunger kicked me out of her office and stated she will no longer treat me because I got a refill of my medication from my primary doctor. I got the refill because Dr. Bunger would not refill the medication (same dosage for 3 months) without an office visit, which I could not afford the $90 fee. After several conversations with her office staff and then talking to Dr. Bunger, I was refused a refill and she also refused to bill me for the appointment or let me pay payments. I ran out of my medication and my primary doctor refilled them for me because it was not in my best interest to have me off of the medications. I have never been treated so rudly,she didn't even ask if I was doing ok, if I was having issues, once she heard I had a refill from my primary doctor she just stood up from behind her desk, said this is not going to work and I will no longer treat you. I cried the whole way out of the office. I WOULD NO RECOMMEND AS SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HER PATIENTS MENTAL HEALTH.

February 6th, 2013
Probably competent, but so much a pain to work with it actually INCREASED the anxiety she was treating me for
Literally the only way I have ever been able to make an appointment is to physically go into the office. If I ever need to change an appointment, forget it. Cancel or nothing since you can't reach anyone. Though she seems competent, Dr Bunger also has that "I'm the doctor don't ask any questions" attitude. Also serious problem that the only option on her answering machine if you call after hours with an emergency is "go to the ER" who doesn't have a psychiatrist on staff at night. Other doctors at least have an answering service that can page them.

January 31st, 2013
WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING
Obviously this Doctor is bipolar herself. Jekell and Hyde. Hence the mixed reviews. My daughter, unfortunately, is under this Doctors care, although she in the midst of figuring out her scam. I am thankful she was able to do it on her own. I tried calling Dr. Bunger on two separate occasions and got no response back. That only tells me one thing. She does not care. So for all of you people who wrote good reviews, obviously she either paid you, or bought you drinks. You think that she would care about the her office voice message, it sounds like the girl could give a @$*#. Seriously!! I'm sorry, but just because you're in Santa Cruz doesn't mean you can give inferior service, but then again, that's typical of 98% of the Doctors in Santa Cruz. Oh, and if you people want to bypass scum of the earth Doctors like this: Get you vitamin D checked level should be 70-100 DON'T LISTEN TO YOUR , go by the European and Japanese standards!!!!! Also, low folate level is associated with depression and bipolar. You have the power to take your mental health in your own hands. Don't let this Doctor "Label" you.

September 11th, 2012
She's good
Dr. Bunger is good, business like and knows her medicines. The front office is amateur. I often have to pay full price for my visits and expect that treatment in return, but dr. Bunger is a professional. I'll continue to go see her.

June 29th, 2012
suffers from superiority complex
People; people like her are there just to write you a prescription for whatever you decide you have. You are your own doctor. If you want fuzzy warm caring, go to a therapist. Not a psychologist who specializes in ADHD and Bipolar disorder. She must see hundreds if not thousands of clients. come on

March 21st, 2012
Great doctor
First doctor in 15 years to diagnose me correctly. She accepts all insurance as far as I know, and she accepts all patients. I have seen people swear at her staff, scream and even throw credit cards at them. Doctor Bunger does not tolerate this, of course, and has had to ask people to leave,but I know those are the people who posted the ridiculous negative reviews later. I am new in Santa Cruz and I cannot believe how people treat people here and how they expect their doctor to be their personal servant. Doctor Bunger would do well to eliminate some of these people from her practice so she can get the credit she deserves. Besides .. who can work that way?

December 26th, 2011
Take Her License Away
I had this cold hearted woman as my doctor. She is money hungry. Gives you a dx just so she can keep giving you meds. You have to keep coming back. I had no insurance. Near the end between all the medication and her visits it was costing me about two grand a month. She actually said she didn't care. I have read all the posts on her. Why is she still in practice? Someone is going to loose their life because of her.