Dr. Debra Cheang MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Modesto, CA

3.8

December 31st, 2015
Office is spiraling downhill fast!!!
O M G!!! Where is Carrie and Lydia at???? When they worked at this office, the office seemed more proficient. I called in, things got done. Now I get hung up on by Mary because I'm asking for my medication. She tells me to call my pharmacy, which I did multiple times. Mary exhales loudly and told me "well call them again" and slams the phone down. Come to find out, the doctor never got my request! I ended up having a seizure and was sent to ER with a huge ambulance bill now. Dr. Cheang, please get better help, doubtful they will ever compare to your last staff though!!!

October 29th, 2015
Debra is a very phones person. On the outside seems ok but when you work for her she's evil! Don't trust her! She's in it for the money only not your mental health. She just gives meds and if they don't work she gives you more.

August 6th, 2015
Excellent Dr.
I met Dr. Cheang for the first time today and my experience was wonderful. I found her to be compassionate and kind. She was very thorough and listened intently. I liked her a lot and felt it was a good fit. Office was very clean and comfortable.

May 9th, 2015
No thanks.... not satisfied with treatments.
No communication, reception staff inadequate, basically a glorified pill pusher... never ever again will I visit.... after 3 years. I terminated our relationship after three chances to get it RIGHT!

March 17th, 2014
Very good Doctor
Fortunately, I only had to see Dr. Cheang for a short period. She was very understanding and courteous. She did not rush me. Answered all of my questions. I've read the other reviews and I can only go by my experience and I would recommend Dr. Cheang.

September 21st, 2013
Very unprofessional and threatening psychiatrist!
Dr. Cheang was very rude, unprofessional, immature, threatening, and uncomfortable to be around. She spoke to me in a very rude tone of voice the entire time. She also compared me to my sisters, whom she does not even know. She said, "Your sisters are so successful. What's wrong with you?" She doesn't even know them. And I have my own set of accomplishments. Plus, she doesn't even know what problems they have in their lives. She is very unpleasant to be around. I will never return to her and don't recommend her to anyone else.

July 19th, 2013
Very dissapointing and lack of compassion
after being a patient of Dr Debra Cheang's for several years very disappointed in treatment overall treatment plan. Refills are always a nightmare, getting an appointment was fairly easy but the wait time was always more than 30 mins. I would not recommend Dr. Cheang

May 9th, 2013
RN
My daughter has been seeing Dr Cheang for over 5 yrs and I have gone to some of her appointments with her. We have never had to wait long and Dr Cheang has always been attentive and concerned. As with most psychiatric conditions there is usually some trial and error before arriving at a diagnosis and finding the right medication. This was true of my daughter as well but Dr Cheang always listened to my daughter when she didn't like the way a medication made her feel or when her symptoms would change. We recently had a fight with a new insurance company that did not want to approve a medication my daughter has been stable on for 5 yrs and Dr Cheang's office worked hard and finally got the medication approved. I am so grateful for the way they have helped and supported my daughter for many years.

April 15th, 2010
Complete disappointment
Went to refill prescription was denies. Instead of letting the pharmacy know that I needed to be seen to get another prescription, it just said denied. So pharmacy sent another request on a Friday, meaning I would have to wait until Monday to hear anything. Once again, nothing. A doctor knows what kind of problems one would have quitting meds cold turkey. A responsible doctor, one whoe cares about their patients, would have prescribed a minimum does and phoned to let the patient know they needed to be seen before they could have their full prescription, instead of allowing the patient to have sever reactions from not taking the meds. I will not be going back or referring anyone to this facility.