Dr. Debra Duxbury MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Chelsea, MI

2.6

May 25th, 2016
She flat out told me that "if I stopped taking my medication, then she cannot see me anymore." Clearly she is only interested in prescribing you medications for the money aspect.

December 12th, 2011
Wonderful and caring!
I absolutely love Dr. Duxbury. She is a wonderful and caring doctor that always make sure that she does what is best for the patient. She is capable, competent, and compassionate.

May 14th, 2011
I agree with "Doesn't care about patients"
I had almost the same experience as the person whose rating was titled "doesn't care about patients." In addition, under her care, I became more dysfunctional than I have ever been in my life. I was hospitalized four times under her care in the 14 months that I was her patient!! She was too careful to try new meds at first. Then, once I thought I had a good combo, she decided to change them - right when I was going through a stressful family situation! I have had bad psychiatrists in my 10 years of psychiatric treatment (and very good ones too), but this one ruined my self-esteem, career potential and reputation. I was on my way to get a PhD, but now I'm applying for disability.

March 18th, 2010
Doesn't care about patients
I went to Dr. Duxbury after being on the same medication for 5-6 years. I also have a VNS. And an eating disorder. Not only did I have to fight with her every single time to get my medication that I had documented proof I was on, but with two months to go before I left the school she decided to WITHHOLD medication from me! She said it was because I wouldn't step on a scale (she gave it to me in the past without). I was accepted into a doctoral program at another University and was extremely upset that she would put it at risk. In addition, I find her bedside manner horrible with her become upset with me at every visit (I admit I do get upset when I don't know if I'm going to have my meds month to month as it causes extreme anxiety). I would NEVER recommend her to anyone and hope that no one has to endure what I have!