Internists, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

20 Valley St
Ste 320
South Orange, NJ 07079
973-669-9890
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Aug 23rd, 2013

I must say that this is one of the best doctors that I have been too. She just does not give you medication. She evaluates your issue before just putting you on medication. She is very honest and confident. She does not rush through her patients and she asks lot of questions to get to the root of the problem. I referred someone to her that was taking 12 medications and was never feeling well. She changed some and got rid of some. He is now only taking 4 medications and feels so much better. I would recommend her to anyone.

|  Love This Doctor!!!  |  show details
Feb 28th, 2013

She spent time on our first consultation listening to my problems. After receiving the blood and other test results she addressed each of my concerns in detail. She helped me understand exactly what I needed to do to feel better. I love this doctor!!!

|  Will not go back  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2013

This doctor has a very aloof manner and barely even smiled at me during the examination. When I explained that I wanted a specific test done, she gave me a look as though judging me. Also she was supposed to contact me to explain my blood test findings and she never got back to me. I had to figure it out myself. Would not recommend this doctor.

|  A doctor who cares  |  show details
Oct 21st, 2012

I saw Dr. Prophete the day that after she had a fire at her home. She never told me what happened. She gave me her full attention during the visit and spent the same time and attention that she always does. Her staff told me because I noticed that she was not in her usual talkative mood. I have read the other reviews. I think sometimes people forget that doctors are people too.My mother, sister, and niece all see her. We all trust her.

Aug 16th, 2012

One of the worst doctors and office staff!!

|  Love my doctor!!!  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2011

She spent a great deal of time with me. She asked questions that no other doctor ever asked before. I felt she knew a lot abou tme and really cared

Apr 8th, 2011

Dr. Debra Goldson-Prophete MDbarely took time to speak to me on my first visit. She was rushing to get to the hospital and i was a few minutes late. She did see me as a courtsey for 5 minutes. Rushed my check up and downplayed my concerns about my photosensivity. She advised her staff to give me a follow up appointment in six months! I barely had time to speak to her the first time. Immediately decided to change PCP. WHY do doctors find it so hard to spend time to speak to patients! Thats why they get ill. patients have to be more savy and self efficient. Become our own doctors. Very unprofessional!

|  Terrible  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

AWFUL PRACTICE! Support staff is horrible. Do not go here for any of your healthcare needs. I AM SERIOUS. Sent me a second bill 10 months after my visit and then LIED to me that they had been sending me bills. I live literally across the street from the practice. AWFUL. The doctor needs to improve her bedside manner.

|  Horrible at getting back to patient  |  show details
Dec 20th, 2010

If you call to ask a question about meds etc she never get s back to you and you have to call until the staff gets you an answer. If there is an issue she needs to follow up on she does not and the patient is forced to chase her down to get her to do it.

|  Love my doctor!!!  |  show details
by Satisfied Patient on Sep 2nd, 2010

Recommended by a friend. Smart, friendly doctor.

Jul 28th, 2010

Staff tends to throw paperwork faxed to the office. Whenever you call to follow up, it always another excuse why your paperwork wasn't completed. Of great concern, they'll receive approval requests for prescription refills, which they totally ignore. Dr. Goldson-Prophete needs to find a way to ensure that paperwork is complete, especially prescriptions requests. Why not set aside a few hours one day each week to do this? It works for other doctor offices. I'm definitely thinking about switching to a doctor who can offer the total package.

|  Great doctor, average front office staff  |  show details
by Long time patient on Jul 12th, 2010

Dr. Debra is a great doctor, her analysis and attention to detail is top notch. Her staff....not so much. could do better with follow-ups after blood work, and requests to speak to the doctor.

|  Comprehensive  |  show details
May 30th, 2010

Dr. Prophete is bright, comprehensive and pleasant. I have recommended her to family and friends all who have been extremely pleased with her care.

|  Exceptional Primary Care Physician  |  show details
by Marie Lahens on Jan 26th, 2010

My overall experience with Dr. Debra Goldson-Prophete has been tremendously exceptional! I was referred to Dr. Goldson by Dr. Lori Colyer-Aversa and as a client of Goldson's Medical Associates for the past 4 years, I have never had any complaints regarding the courtesy & professionalism of her staff members, cleanliness of environment, the knowledge and skills of her expertise, and her bedside manner.I highly recommend Dr. Goldson-Prophete to any adult individual that is seeking a sincere, compassionate physician with the current knowledge and skills of the medical field. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by email at mlahens@hotmail.comThank you and have a great day!

|  Happy Patient  |  show details
by LBB on Oct 29th, 2009

Dr. Prophete and her team are very professional. Dr. Prophete is very attentive and has a great bedside manner. She's upfront and will tell you like it is. I have recommended her to family, friends and co-workers alike. I love the fact that the wait time is minimal.

|  Nice woman, but...  |  show details
by Sooo Grateful on Jul 23rd, 2009

Really nice, down to earth person just not for me. Something emergent came up. I called to see if she could see me. Neither she nor staff asked what the problem was to determine if it would take 5 minutes or 500 minutes to diagnose. They also did not take time to determine whether it could wait 2 days(the date they assigned me)or whether she should refer me to the ER. My husband called his physician, who has a very busy practice in Montclair. His assistant asked me some basic questions and called me back an hour later saying that the DR. wanted me to come in right away. It ended up being pretty serious, but treatable. Two days, he said, may have been a different issue.

|  Patrice Mustaafaa Patient  |  show details
by Patrice Mustaafaa Patient on Feb 21st, 2009

What I love most about Dr. Debra, is she is real, she listens and most important she follows up. She is a wealth of information. And puts you at ease.

Jan 28th, 2009

Much better than most.

|  Unprofessional Staff  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2008

I have had issue with Dr. Goldsons staff following through on basic duties of a medical staff. i.e. refilling prescriptions, faxing referalls etc. If it were not for the location & hours I would find a new doctor