Dr. Debra Williams MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 7th, 2016
A trusted friend
I found Dr. Williams about 12 years ago, but we lost contact for a few years due to my move to FL. I returned to see her yesterday, and it was like visiting an old friend. She is the most caring, easy to talk to, and understanding doctor of any type that I have ever seen. She never talks down to me and takes time to carefully explain all of my questions. Her knowledge and understanding, but mostly her caring and compassionate bedside manner is the bet I have ever experienced. Love her!

August 12th, 2013
Worst Ever, Never Again
1. Uncompassionate and uninterested. 2. Not informative, did not give me any information about my diagnosis but placed me at high risk since 5 weeks of pregnancy. Other doctors continued to ask why I was high risk with no response from her. 3. She had no time for my questions although this is my first child. 4. She didn't answer any of my questions despite how concerned her collegues looked. 5. The staff and other doctors were WONDERFUL. They were happy, friendly, and seemed very intune with what this field requires. Dr. Williams on the other hand, no bueno. 6. It seems like this job is routine for her and she doesn't care about the small details that count. I've been seeing her since 5 weeks of pregnancy and she seriously only spoke to me a max of 10 minutes out of all of the visits. I would NEVER recommend her to anyone.

April 29th, 2013
Very pleased
I met with Dr. Williams a few months after I arrived to the SA area about a mass on my ovary which had been detected in another state. She was very thorough and spent quite a bit of time with me. I always arrived early and they always saw me early at the Schertz office. I was definitely on the fence about which way to proceed but, she answered all of my questions, and there were many, patiently. I decided to go with a full hysterectomy due to my history of masses and gynecological issues and have been very pleased with the outcome. I noticed that many people have said that she is not compassionate, which I did not find to be true. She was very reassuring and came across as very calm, relaxed and self assured, but not arrogant, which is what I want in a Dr. and specifically a surgeon. She performed the hysterectomy using the Da Vinci system and I cannot stress how problem free the entire process from diagnosis to recovery to follow-up have been. I am so happy that I chose her as my doctor and feel quite confident in recommending her for this particular procedure. Additionally, I would like to add that the procedure was performed at the Baptist Health System North Central in the Stone Oak area and they were all so warm and reassuring. I cannot stress enough how happy I am with the care I received from all of these individuals!

January 25th, 2011
Very Disappointed!
Since this practice is several doctors, we were told that we would need to meet with each of them in the even that she would be on call the day of delivery. So, with that in mind, we had our visit with Dr. Williams. She was the complete opposite of our primary doctor. As soon as she walked in, she asked if we had any changes, or questions. She didn't even introduce herself. She seemed very rushed, and is if our appointment was an inconvenience to her. She was not compassionate at all. With this being our first baby, we were excited to go to our next appointment, but after we visited with Dr. Williams, we left very disappointed.