Dr. Debra Lawrence Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Debra Lawrence?

Just a Number!

Posted on September 11th, 2017

Several years ago, when I first went to this doctor, I thought she was very caring. However, after my last two visits, I feel different. I find that she and her staff are cold and distant. I felt as if I was inconveniencing their day. Neither over the phone or in person did she or staff address me by name. Rather then being there to receive care, it was more like I was a cow going to be slaughtered. I write this review hoping that Dr. Lawrence and/or the staff would read it and consider how they treat their patients.

Heartless and you feel like just a number

Posted on March 11th, 2016

With my first child, things were going well with this doctor. Then, as my due date got closer, she decided to induce me...before I even reached my due date. There was no problems with my pregnancy to warrant this and I did not request this. She was told of my birthing plan, and that I wanted to avoid induction. Even after my child was born, she couldn't give me a reason as to why she induced early. I went in for my induction, and while I'm in labor, someone from her office drops off a personalized baby blanket for my baby with the induction date as the birthday. Again, the doctor knew we wanted to let things progress on their own. So it was really fishy that a baby blanket was made with a birthday date before the baby was born. After half a day in labor, maybe 7-8 hours, and making it to 2-3 cm dilated, the doctor came in and gave me an ultimatum. Either have a C-section right then or wait 2 more hours to see if I could get to 10 cm, and if I wasn't, then she'd do a C-section. Rather than sit and panic for the next 2 hours, I agreed to the immediate C-section. None of this would've happened if she didn't induce so early. My child was obviously not ready to be born yet. The real deal breaker for me with this doctor was her cruel and heartless comment when I came in a couple years ago terrified that I was experiencing a miscarriage. I was about 6-8 weeks pregnant and started bleeding real bad. I waited in the exam room crying, knowing no baby could've survived with that much blood. She walked through the door and said, with not an ounce of sympathy, "Why are you crying?". I said "There's no way a baby could survive that." She said "No. You're no longer pregnant." And proceeded to miserably try and make me feel better by saying it was just a blob of tissue and then how it was a child and I should celebrate moments we would've missed, so we would never forget the child. She was all over the spectrum. But what gnawed at me the next few nights and shattered me was the "Why are you crying?" comment. She is heartless and I do NOT recommend her. All you will be is a number to her.

Human Resources/Acxiom

Posted on February 28th, 2013

I LOVE Dr. Lawrence. She has been my doctor for well over 14 years. She cares about her patients and answers ANY and ALL questions/concerns you may have. You never feel rushed or ignored with this office. I refer ALL of my friends and anyone I meet and they have love her too. Her staff is courteous and very helpful!

The most caring, compassionate doctor EVER

Posted on September 8th, 2010

You will not encounter a doctor that is more passionate, caring, and educated than Dr. Debra Lawrence. Not only is she compassionate about her patients but she demonstrates a passion for her work that make you feel so blessed to have her as your doctor. I have gone to MANY doctors and no one holds a candle to this special doctor. She will continue to see you and work with you until she and you feels comfortable with your results. She is very conservative and will not take any chances on letting anything happen to you or your baby.

Posted on October 22nd, 2017