Debra S London, MD
Psychiatrist

811 El Camino Road
Ojai, CA 93023
(805) 272-8039
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Clarity  |  show details
by Amanda on Jul 10th, 2014

I think of Dr. London everyday in the way that I am now able to conduct my life. I am so appreciative and grateful when I reflect on her honesty, non-judgemental position, open-mindedness and directness. She has helped me to ask myself the difficult questions and confront the issues I didn't want to face. Dr. London has been, and continues to be, a tremendous asset in my life and in the lives of my family and I wonder where I would be, or better yet, who I would be, if I never met her and accepted her approach. She excels at illumination the issue at hand, which is a testament to her profound knowledge on countless subjects combined with the personal work she has committed to her practice and patients. Her expertise is obviously a result of her broad understanding of all walks of life, beliefs and events affecting our world and she explains these in a way that can be understood, accepted and embraced. It is true that you can't change certain things about yourself or situations that you may find yourself in, but with inquiry, you can change your thinking and understand them in a positive and beneficial way if you just do the work. Thank you Dr. London for helping me realize that this is possible.

|  Peace at last  |  show details
by Melissa on May 10th, 2014

I have never had a better experience with a psychiatrist. Doctor London really provided the tools for me to tackle my stressful thoughts through self inquiry, meditation, and optimizing my whole wellness. Her in-home office made for a relaxed environment and her keen attention to detail helped to decipher between the stories we create and the truth. She really lives her therapy. Her demeanor was kind and she is very easy to talk to. She has always answered all of my calls in a timely manner.

|  Stay Away - Unless you are looking to join the Cult of Byron Katie  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2014

One very strange lady. If you are looking for a confrontational approach this is the place for you! This physician will be happy to point out all the things that are wrong with you (...and what you are thinking). If you aren't committed to doing the work of Byron Kate - steer clear. This doctor does not have an original thought in her head...be prepared for plenty of "Kate says this...", "Katie says that...". So NOT helpful.

|  show details
Sep 18th, 2013

She is able to offer an alternative view than what you might expect and this is very helpful. She is very strict about cancellation and is not at all empathic for the reason. She is very concerned that she get paid her fee regardless of the reason you cancel. It makes the relationship seem very impersonal.