Internists, Rheumatologist

3921 E Baseline Rd
Ste 108
Gilbert, AZ 85234
480-280-7474
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Abrupt, slow response, unhelpful  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2013

Filled out 5 pages of history that she never looked at. Felt "man handled". Says it could be anything....yeah. If she is knowledgable she doesn't share. Promises tests then forgets she did. Doesn't look at history at beginning or at follow ups. One time she says that there are other tests that might be helpful, but she doesn't order them. ?? In the meantime...I'm in pain daily with absolutly no prescription for anything and i feel like asking would make me look like a drug seeker even tho I've never asked for pain medication in my life. Its just the feeling you get from her. Waiting for an appointment with someone else where I will have to start at the beginning with and how do I explain that she never ordered anything for me. I felt like a whiner before I saw her now I feel like perhaps noone will take me seriously. The amount of money I've spent..to hear what I already know.."it could be anything" but noone cares enough to try to find out what it is or what I can do so things will at least not get worse.

|  Look elsewhere for care  |  show details
by Boone on Mar 5th, 2013

Dr. Michel was my rheumatologist for two years, and why I suffered with her so long is beyond me. She lacks compassion and is far from aggressive or effective in her choice of treatments (at least in my case). On my first visit to her, she diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis by walking into the room and, before saying "good morning," or "hi, I'm Dr. Michel," holding up my chart/lab results (forwarded by my primary) and blurting out, "Yep, you have it!" That was hardly sensitive or professional, and when you consider that I have an older sister who is deformed and in constant pain with RA, that was not news I took lightly. In any event, Dr. Michel never did much to help me and I believe, in hindsight, actually hurt me by allowing me to go for years with pain and without getting control of my disease. Thank God I found a fantastic rheumatologist who listens to me and who worked diligently to get my pain under control, and quickly. I only wish I hadn't waited so long to ditch Dr. Michel.

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

I was Dr. Michel's patient for about 2 years and found her indifferent at best. The first time I met her, she told me I had rheumatoid arthritis in a very insensitive manner - by barging through the door and saying, "Yep, I'd say you've got it," before introducing herself or even saying "hello." Her treatment was very ineffective. Thankfully, I have moved on to a rheumatologist who is both caring and effective.

|  Not a fan  |  show details
by I go by my pen name: Zippy on Jun 4th, 2012

I've been to many doctors due to moving state to state a few times and she is the least understanding doctor I've ever met. She fully knew the details of my condition and flat out refused to give me medication to do anything about the pain. I was in more pain under her care than any other time in my life. She also prescribed me a new medication each and every time I was in there whether I asked for anything or not. I don't mean medication to do anything about my pain, but just random crap that did nothing for me at all. I'd never go back to her for anything. Very, Very nice person, but couldn't care less about my pain. The staff there however is absolutely top notch. Other than her attitude a great place.

|  FANTASTIC  |  show details
Jun 9th, 2011

THE MOST CARING OHYSICIAN IN THE WORLD! ACTUALLY LISTENS TO YOU!! KNOWS WHAT SHE IS TALKING ABOUT!

|  visit  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

Wish I new she was not coming back to intrnal mecdicine. I would have followed her where she was moving to.