Dr. Debra Schell MD Patient Reviews

3.8

• Good
  • Bad

August 17th, 2015
I have been with Dr. Schell for years. She is a very caring doctor and would not see anyone different.

April 14th, 2015
Dr. Schell is unlike any other doctor I have ever had. I've had a long road of infertility and thanks to Dr. Schell have twin boys. She goes to great lengths to make sure you understand any procedure and is literally available night and day for questions or concerns.

March 21st, 2015
Client
Dr Schell is doctor who akes her time to listen to your concerns. She never rushes an appointment even if she is behind. She a a doctor that works with your goals as a patient while still trying to provide the best care pssible for you and or unborn baby. She has seen me through 2 pregnancies and if it was not for her I may have never been able to get pregnant. Most doctors are rush rush she definitely not like that. I would highly recommend her as and obgyn doctor and as an infertility specialist doctor as well.

February 22nd, 2015
Dr. Schell is by far the best when it comes to reproductive endocrinology

Infertility with Thyroid issues
Dr.Debra is a very good infertility consultant and Endocrinologist. I was in touch with her for a year before we relocated from Milwaukee. We were in initial stage of infertility treatment and clueless where to start. She advised us patiently and I have not found a doctor giving that much of time and personal attention. We found her very accessible. She gave us sufficient time to first conceive naturally and didn't jumped to IVF like many others. She is very knowledgeable Endocrinologist. She diagnosed my wife for Hashimoto Thyroid and with her right approach it was brought in control fast. I would highly recommend her. She is certainly one of the best in Milwaukee.

February 21st, 2015
Dr. Schell is the best OB/RE around Milwaukee, hands down. She goes above and beyond for her patients. I didn't even know physicians like her existed prior to meeting her. My husband and I needed to use her for infertility treatment, and we got pregnant with our second IUI. Another reproductive endocrinologist told us that we would never get pregnant without the more expensive and invasive IVF route. Dr. Schell was informative, available, and on top of my high-risk pregnancy. I ended up having to have an emergency C-section and Dr. Schell was NOT the physician on call that night, but still left her Saturday evening out with her husband to come do my C-section. Her first concern is her patients, and she truly cares. I cannot recommend Dr. Schell enough. Without her, we wouldn't have our miracle baby. I was given her cell, pager, and home numbers when we started our journey, and she was available every time I had a question or concern. Plus, she is just an all-around good person and I trust her with my life.

February 21st, 2015
Dr. Schell is the best. My husband and decided to start a family. Our only option is IVF. We are so happy to have Dr. Schell to provide us treatment and guidance.

September 17th, 2014
Glad I chose another doctor for my second pregnancy
I had a horrible experience with Dr. Schell. This was a few years ago and it propted me to seek out another doctor for my second pregnancy. Dr Schell's staff was rude at almost every visit. Her wait time is ridiculous and quite honestly disrespectful to peoples' lives. Time is of the essence. There were nurses that couldn't properly take blood pressure. She let me linger in labor for 13 hours because she was at a golf outing...I found this out from a delivery nurse at the hospital I delivered my first child in.

April 4th, 2012
Unethical, unprofessional, HORRIBLE
It's almost impossible to sum up the AWFUL experience with Dr. Schell and her staff, but I will try. Other reviews are correct in saying she will blabber on and on about anything and everything, even breaking the rules of HIPPA to tell us the specifics about other patients' medical histories in order to rack up the mnutes that she charges for! The only reason I gave her okay artings for wait time and ease in scheduling is because I was always the first appointment of the day, at 7:00 in the morning. Dr. Schell knew that after diagnosis (which was COMPLETELY wrong, BTW!) we were paying completely out of pocket, but she was double-billing, collecting cash from us and then submitting the claims to my insurance anyway. She did this so much so that this caused the insurance to go back and review the claims they had already paid for pre-diagnosis. They then retracted those payments and then Dr. Schell decided to charge me MORE than double what she had originally accepted as payment from the insurance company for those visits. In addition, She tried to persuade me to undergo a laparoscopy, a highly invasive not to mention very expensive procedure which my new doctor told me was totally uncalled for, given I had NO symptoms to indicate this would be necessary. When I told her my insurance wouldn't cover this surgery, she said not to worry, they would "code it in such a way with my (ehem) symptoms so they surely would. Hmmm...Can you say FRAUD? Her entire staff was unprofessional and rude and no one in her office had any true sensitivity to the emotional side of infertility. If a patient were upset or crying, it was the elephant in the room that no one ever addressed. I am sure she occasionally has positive outcomes (i.e. patients get pregnant or have healthy babies) but any doctor would surely have good outcomes sometimes simply by pure luck. If you want to take the chance that you will be lied to, deceived, and treated like crap just so she can make a buck, look no further than Dr. Schell. Do your research. Really good Reproductive Endocrinologists post and publish their fertility outcomes. Those are the doctors that have nothing to hide. Don't sell yourself short out of desperation. It took me longer than usual to turn and run from this doctor because its a vulnerable and expensive situation to be in. Dr. Schell prays on that vulnerability. Do not go to this doctor. TURN AND RUN!

December 13th, 2011
Sent out the wrong test reports and then said I was lying; when I showed her the letter she thought it was funny. She is rude and unprofessional. An overall horrible experience.

October 6th, 2011
Wonderful Outcome
Dr. Schell was very good to us, and with her help, we were able to start a family. I would imagine this type of medical work is subject to very volatile responses, because there is so much emotion involved, because some of the factors are still probably beyond pure medical/scientific calculation, and because some people understandably do not want to hear that there may not be a quick fix. That having been said, our outcome was wonderful, and I'm thankful to Dr. Schell for helping bring it about.

April 27th, 2011
Best Dr. I've ever had
Everytime I walk in the door at Dr. Schell's office I feel that the interest of both myself and my babies is in the best hands possible. I feel like I have a second home in the office. Dr. Schell isn't always on time, but this is based on the fact that she likes to talk and explain everything that is going on, sometimes it's almost info overload. I have never felt that she was money hungry. When my first initial tests were done and insurance wouldn't cover them, I was billed differently than an insurance co. was, saving me money. If you ever need anything she is always on call. I have her cell, home and beeper number, and I received this even before I became pregnant. I would suggest her to anyone, not only b/c I had success through her, but b/c she is a wonderful Doctor who's main concern is for helping her patients get what they truly want.