Overall Review

4.8

September 6th, 2012
Patient @ LRMC
With a severly sprained ankle and a broken ankle that was non-weight bearing, Dr. Seoane was able to get me beginning to walk again.Other providers were unable to see the severe problem with my spained ankle. Most of the providers, including nurses, just didn't see the "swelling". I requested an ankle ace bandage from one of Dr. Seoane's trauma team partners at LRMC. The other trauma team doctor tried to loacate one in the hospital, (includes the emergency room department) but was unsuccessful.When I complained to Dr. Seoane about the hospital not having something very simple, such as an ankle ace bandage, she suggested a TED's sock. She explained to me this sock was used in other conditions to prevent swelling, such as in Diabetes.After learning of the sock, I agreed to try the TED sock. Dr. Seoane was absolutely correct, the sock did help me get the swelling down, which also allowed me to start putting full weight on a severly sprain ankle.Dr. Seoane listens to her patients. She will find solutions; if there is one for the problem. She is very careful to consider all injuries when thinking about the possibilities for treating a patient complaint in other area's.After using the sock for a week I was abl to start putting full weight on the severely sprained ankle. I would have never gotten to that point without Dr. Seoane thinking "outside the box".I was eventually able to put full weight on both legs. I was discharged from the hospital at that point. I was only able to stand in place at the time of discharge. If Dr. Seoane would not have helped me to get additional support for my ankle, I would not have been able to stand in place. Within the first 7 days after discharge I was walking with the walker.All of this success was because Dr. Seoane listened to me asking for support for an ankle that others in the hospital couldn't see was even injured.

April 3rd, 2010
She did surgery on my elderly father and she was excellent. She explained everything clearly where he could understand exactly what was happening. I would highly recommend her.