Dr. Debra Stemmerman Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Debra Stemmerman?

Ruined my son's birthday

Posted on May 3rd, 2017

She was the OB on call when my son was born. I had midwives so I was hoping the OB would not be necessary. However, my son was not dropping so we decided on a vacuum attempt. Unfortunately, Stemmerman was on call. She barely spoke to us and did the procedure like she was working on a car - no human connection whatsoever. We ended up in an urgent C-Section at which point, she still did not check to see how I was doing... the assisting OB did. Due to how she treated me during my traumatic birth experience, I am now suffering from PTSD for 3 years now. She needs to find a new job because she is destroying experiences for so many families.

Posted on June 24th, 2015

Very good & cooperative doctor Stemmerman and nurse lauri, always answered all my queries. Would definitely recommend my friends.. She was there for my c section at 3 in the morning.. I will miss both of them forever in my life..

Thank you!

Posted on March 12th, 2015

I felt so comfortable and put to ease from the moment I walked in the door all the way till the time I left. I didn't feel like another number which was so important to me.

Loved her!

Posted on February 13th, 2013

Although she was not available to actually deliver my baby she was available at all my appointments leading up. She was knowledgible, and explained thing I didn't understand. I was one of those read all the books women, and I never had any problems with what she said. I have genital herpes and it does pose a risk while giving birth.. I gave birth-vaginally- to a beautiful baby and she called 2 hours after delivery to see how things went, how I was feeling, how breastfeeding was going, etc. I still see her for yearly exams and LOVE her. Each doctor is different and each person needs to find the one that fits for them.

Absolutely loved Dr. Stemmerman

Posted on October 2nd, 2012

I cannot say enough great things about my experience with Dr. Stemmerman and her staff. After having a miscarriage the first time, she took every precaution on my 2nd pregnancy. What stands out the most in my mind though was her caring yet thoroughly competent demeanor during my scheduled C-section. I was incredibly nervous in the hour or so beforehand, she walked in and talked to me and gave me this big bright smile and reassured me completely. During surgery she answered every question and talked to me about what she was doing as she did it. I know she's done thousands of c-sections but she treated me as if I was her first. I'd also like to note that Maternal-Fetal medicine at Evergreen was absolutely fantastic, all of the other doctors and staff in the surgery, and the nurses post-surgery too.

Horrible

Posted on February 8th, 2012

I don't even know where to start. Pregnancy: No bedside manner, rough examinations, not informative, getting information is like pulling teeth. Nurse practitioners were good. Delivery: My wife went into labor early, Stemmerman wasn't there to deliver the baby and I'm thankful she wasn't. The oncall Dr. who delivered our baby was excellent. Polar opposite of Stemmerman. Hospital okayed us for discharge (after being there for 3 days we were ready to leave), but we had to wait hrs for Stemmerman to show up and sign off. She was a 5 min walk away from us. Follow up: wasn't any better. Doesn't read your records before the visit. Asked my wife about her C-section at the last follow up visit and my wife had to tell her she gave birth vaginally. Wow! Do yourself and your baby a big favor and see another Dr. I wouldn't send my dog to Stemmerman.

High Recommended

Posted on July 14th, 2011

She delivered both of my kids & she did a fantastic job with both deliveries! I still send her pics of my kids which she posts on her wall of fame!

fantastic

Posted on January 15th, 2011

Dr. Stemmerman is a seasoned, extremely knowledgeable, well-balnced OB. I had a high risk pregnancy at 46 years of age and she was great. Thanks to her I had a successful, safe, vaginal delivery and thanks be to God I have a beautiful healthy baby.

Great if you want to give birth via C-Section

Posted on December 17th, 2010

I was recommended to her group when I wanted a VBAC for my second baby. At a meet n greet at 7 weeks into pregnancy she seemed very supportive of VBACs and thought I was an ok candidate after listening to how my previous labor went and what caused the C-Sec. During my monthly prenatal visits she always seemed like she was running out of time and was not patient enough to answer my Qs. At 28 weeks when I asked her about how longer post my due date I would be allowed to go for my VBAC, she looked surprised, then checked her notes and remembered I wanted a VBAC. She asked me to get the labor progress records from my previous birth to see if I was a good candidate for VBAC. I did so and sent those over 1 week before my appt with her. When we arrived for the appt, she asked us for the records, we said we'd already sent them. She dug into the file and pulled them out, flipped through them for 30 secs and said she could not understand the format of the records that were from Overlake hospital (that was down the freeway 7 mi away). My husband helped her read the records and get the needed data. After reading through the 2 page record, she said that the reason they did a C-Sec was due to "Failure to progress" and CPD - Cephalo Pelvic dispropotion. So the probability of me having a successful VBAC was 30% (a number pulled out of thin air) and that I should schedule a repeat C-Sec at 39 wks. I was shocked and asked her what those terms meant. She looked bored and took about 5 mins to explain what they meant. She also added - "You Asian women, have narrow pelvic opening. You come to the US and eat American food make babies bigger than your pelvic opening". She said I could go to any of the OBs and ask for second opinion and they would all give me the same answer. In total disbelief and shock we left her office. After a week I got a call from her office to inform me that my C-Sec was scheduled for the 39th wk. I did my research, switched providers at 30 wks and gave birth to my beautiful baby girl via VBAC at home!

fantastic OB and surgeon

Posted on May 7th, 2010

Dr. Stemmerman delivered my twins via a planned C-Section. Then did my singleton vaginally.I had zero complications. She did a fantastic job with both births. Spent the night at the hospital for the v-bac. She is very busy, has her own family and is no non-sense. If you can get her do.

Worst experience.

Posted on December 22nd, 2009

Started bleeding Friday. Pain and bleeding all weekend, unable to get information from the doctor or clinic. Just a response to wait until Monday and schedule an appointment. Come Monday, still heavy bleeding and pain, and eventually able to get an appointment with another doctor. He is less then helpful, and refers questions to Dr. Stemmerman (the primary MD). Dr. Stemmerman is unable to make any appointment and is supposed to call to deal with the miscarriage situation. Still no call, and bleeding profusely. May go into the ER. Don't know how much blood is too much. There is ALOT.

A horrible Doctor I ever met

Posted on December 2nd, 2009

After my first OB appointment I got a bad bleeding immediately after her examination. Now it is 4 weeks after that, still bleeding not stopped completely. She did a Pap smear during this time.Intially thought bleeding is because of that. But we consult another doctor and explaining scenario of bleeding upto 3 weeks, she told me some blood streams broken during Debra's aggressive examination. I'm Pg with twins after 2 miscarriages and this is after an IVF treatment. I can't explain the situation I went through after her check up. Im in complete bed rest. I cannot go to work. If I walk bleeding comes again. We went there because of her specialization in high risk category. After enquiring about her , Some of my friends also had very bad experience with her.