Dr. Debra Werner MD Patient Reviews

• Gynecology Staten Island, NY

November 3rd, 2016
Good doctor but More concerned about their billing/payments than about their patients
I gave 4 stars because the P.A. and doctor are very good and very nice. I saw the P.A. She was very nice, very thorough and made me feel easy. When I was just dealing with her everything was fine. On the other hand, rather than being more concerned about some medical issues I was having, the staff was more concerned about a "bill that was due" which was not because my insurance fully covered the visit. I was not called back in for a follow up visit to go over a lot of testing I had done, rather than the routine check up. I had some sonograms, blood work and other testing due to hormones and I am still left with unanswered questions. Also, when I called the staff asking for the P.A. they would not have her call me back and were very rude and unprofessional when I asked them about my medication that the doctor prescribed to me. They told me rather than the doctor. I would recommend hiring new staff. The P.A. was nice and when I got down to the bottom of everything, Dr. Werner herself was very nice as well.

March 30th, 2015
Godawful
Negligent, horrible, uncaring, completely clueless. Definitely NOT the person you want delivering your baby.

November 9th, 2014
I too know Dr. Werner for 16 years. However, when I was in my time of need, I was forgotten. She performed an unnecessary ablation procedure on me which was done because of a pure lack of communication on her part. I guess she's a hit or miss type of physician. Proceed with caution.

September 30th, 2014
Special Person
I have been going to Dr. Werner since my ob/gyn retired 25 years ago. I love Dr. Werner and trust her and i think she is an excellent dr. She has always been there for me through some rough times but if it were not for her I would not have been correctly diagnosed with Breast Ca even though I was going to a well known surgeon. My daughters also go to Dr. Werner.

June 25th, 2014
Chaplain
I have been with Dr. Werner for 16 years. No I did not have a baby. But 2001 I was diagnosed with cancer and she was the most loving, understanding sensitive gyn dr. I ever had she even cried with me. She's always be cordial to me. I get what I put out with people and s Though sometimes I might get a rough edge one I take that tone and turn it around and would be apologized too. But most of the time all the years I've been there my visits has been long but pleasant. Love you Dr. Werner

December 9th, 2013
Disgusted ex-patient
Stay away, far. Far away from her and her staff. From the rude secretaries who answer the phones, to the incompetent staff we have to put up with before finally getting to see the dr or most likely her pa. They are so immature and insensitive and have no consideration for who may be in the office when they make jokes about another patients bad test results. When my daughter ended up losing her baby in the 5th month, she was told oh you can try again after a few months. After talking to other ex-patients of Werners, the one common sentiment is the dr is fast to perform procedures when it may not be warranted.

April 8th, 2013
All same
These all the same I first saw Dr.W when she started with Lentine. Sometimes in the old office it be so crowded no seats. Herzog and Lentine ,who she was with are just as slow. They see too many patients . They used to call you into office and speak to you Anyone remember those days?? I have been seeing Lentine for years I would see Dr.W too. One thing I hate is why must they put the ladies room so far away? I am so embarrassed having to walk into a waiting room with Men with that cup lol so silly. Only reason I stay at Lentine is I don't feel like starting all over. Lentine stopped deliveries I don't care for Herzog. So I am not sure may see Dr.W.

April 1st, 2013
still unsure
I have been patient of Dr. Werner for about 3 years now. Yet I am still unsure about whether or not I will remain with her. First of all her bedside manner is amazing! She is sweet, patient and when she is with you, is quite attentive. So she gets high marks in this area. There are however a few problems. Her staff is very unprofessional. I'm not sure why she hasn't made changes in this area yet, as they are the first face that her patients see upon entering her office. They are also extremely rude on the telephone. These things can be easily fixed if Dr. Werner was more observant in this area. There is also a lack of communication as they never informed many patients about their new location on across town. The biggest issue that I have, is that she does not remember her patients or their diagnosis. Her Physician Assistant is cold and simply does not know how to convey information in a thoughtful, caring and professional manner. Rarely does a patient want to hear from a P.A. about results of a sonogram or other procedure. This is a major flaw in communication on Dr. Werner's part. She is the Doctor and must develop a strong and trusting relationship with her patients. She also suggests procedures that are major in an effort to prevent issues down the road. These medical suggestions are often surgical even if the patient has negative results in previous procedures. Suggesting that a patient opt for surgery "just in case" is not sound advice. Monitoring a patient, particularly over time can sometimes be the best action taken. For example, recently while waiting for care (about 2 hours) several patients stated that she recommended removal of their uterus. Although at least 4 of them had endometriosis or fibroids, their scans and other test results were all normal. after speaking with one another for the duration of our wait, was all appeared to have the same thing in common. A recommendation of removal of the uterus as a precaution. At least one patient, including myself, was offered no other suggestions...not one. I am thinking of changing doctors because I simply am not sure if I can trust her. A hysterectomy is a serious operation that can change a woman's life. Why not monitor, or offer other treatment options just to see if something else can work. After speaking with several other women who are in the same situation, I have become aware of other options to treat my medical issue. More than likely, I think that I will select an alternate Doctor. Dr. Werner is sweet, but I can't let that get in the way. Overall, I'm really not sure about staying with her!

January 26th, 2013
Delivery
It was a great 9 months, worked with me for scheduling my appointments, wait was never to bad, very knowledgeable, very nice delivery as well, happy healthy baby boy, she made me feel comfortable from my first dr visit thank you :) now that I delivered dr Werner has still been very helpful in any questions I've had and getting me in the office to be seen, thank you again :) I kinda miss my apps now that I'm not preggo seeing the sonograms and how happy the dr was to show me my growing baby!!! Guess its part of baby blues....

September 13th, 2012
Love Love Love Dr. Deb
Dr Deb never rushes me when I need to talk to her, so I have to understand that she extends that to all her patients. So if I have to wait I have to wait. I bring a book (kindle) and chill. She never ever rushes me and listens to even the stupidist questions and always answers me without making me feel like I should have known or should not have asked. I know her staff has been better trained then they act.

August 25th, 2012
OMG!!
I will never return to this physician.

August 1st, 2012
Run From This Doctor
I have never been so disappointed in a physician. Her staff is immature and exhibit a lack of professionalism. The same goes for Dr. Werner who has her patients wait for more than an hour and then asks if they would like to see her PA instead so they can get out sooner. I will never return to her practice. It seems to be getting worse year by year.