Overall Review

July 25th, 2016
A true professional surgeon and office staff. Quick prompt appointments. Follow up appointment easy scheduling

June 9th, 2014
Excallence of Dr Patel
I recently consulted and had surgery from Dr Patel. I cannot commend him enough. He was caring, clear in his explanations and instructions. I recommend him highly.

March 13th, 2014
Not Happy
His office manager is one of the rudest people I have ever come across in a professional setting (unless you are booking your first appointment then she is very friendly to get you in there). The doctor has a very flat, sardonic bedside manner and you can hear him berate his staff which makes for a cold atmosphere in the office. He handles his own billing and will be in your face about what you owe each time you go in there (even before examining you). He makes you feel like all you are to him is an invoice and that your health is secondary. I felt very rushed into a surgery that he urged was a "now or never" type and was urged that there would be a slim percentage of the situation reoccurring. In my followup visits the percentage of the situation reoccurring would always go up for no reason whatsoever which made me feel like he really just rushed me into surgery. Overall: stay clear of him.

November 13th, 2013
Mis-diagnosis?
Following a "problem" colonoscopy that revealed two unresectable polyps, my GI doc recommended laparoscopic surgery to remove them. I consulted with Patel and was told that I didn't need surgery. He proposed endoscopic removal in his office instead, implying that my GI was throwing a little business to his (the GI's) surgical colleagues. Fast forward 2 weeks. Not feeling comfortable with Patel, I had the laparoscopic resection, which required a partial colonectomy. Apparently the smaller growth, which Dr P had dismissed as benign and not worth bothering with, turned out to be cancer, metastasized to the adjacent lymph node. The take-away: get a second opinion. A third if necessary. This is your life!

November 15th, 2012
Dr.Patel has shown great concern and caring to his patient. As a family member he has always been patient and answered all my questions to my full satisfaction. He made my husband feel very at ease. He was extremely involved in getting other physicians involved in his care and took the time to personally call the physicians to ensure a quick response.

March 28th, 2010
Complications and a poorly executed procedure has left me worse than BEFORE I say Dr. Patel. I am not happy with my decision to see this doctor.