Psychiatrist, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

Excellent Geriatric Doctor show details Excellent Geriatric Doctor
by G. L. on Dec 5th, 2014

Dr. Bhargava is thorough, kind, patient, and extremely well educated dealing with problems commonly associated with ageing. She listens carefully, taking notes for review, and obviously loves her work. I would gladly recommend her to anyone.

She knows it all because she has an MD behind her name show details She knows it all because she has an MD behind her name
Oct 21st, 2014

I selected this doctor for my husband. I took him to the visits and waited. Very long wait the first time, a couple of hours. Others visits not quite so long. Office help is terrible. My husband was taking a medication that had terrible side effects. It required that he sit up to sleep because it filled his lungs with saliva. He continued choking a lot of time even though he was sitting up. During the day he would wheeze and cough and have problems. He would even cough when he laughed. I contacted her regarding this and instead of changing medicine and addressing the problem after the second contact she dropped him as a patient.

Mar 15th, 2014

Dr. Bhargava treats my son and me for anxiety and insomnia, and both of us are very significantly better. Dr. Bhargava listens carefully, treats us courteously and professionally. She is compassionate and kind and very well educated, keeping up with the latest in research. Both of us would not hesitate at all to recommend her. She now has an office in McKinney. Understanding and optimistic, we leave her office feeling so much better and grateful for her service. GLS

by Ada B. on Jan 25th, 2014

In a word, Dr. Bhargava is WONDERFUL. She has helped me immenslely and I'm in such a good place. Dr. Bhargava has such a quiet spirit and is very professional. She is comforting while she tells you the truth. Very important is the fact that she listens and Really Hears you. Dr. Bhargava is also very positive, which was vital for me. I would definitely recommend this great and intelligent doctor.

Excellent Dr. show details Excellent Dr.
by G. C. on Nov 19th, 2013

Dr. Bhargava is an excellent Dr. Extremely well educated, keeps current with her profession, is kind and very caring. I noticed a significant improvement within two weeks and am now sleeping better than I ever have. I face each day with much less anxiety, and no longer feel at all depressed. She is not just a "pill pusher". She carefully considers your diagnosis and works to solve the problem. Having worked in a medical practice for twenty years, I strongly feel she fulfills what every doctor should be.

Dr. Bhargava Horror story show details Dr. Bhargava Horror story
by BOB patient anonymous on Aug 22nd, 2013

Dr. Bhargava is impatient, rude, self absorbed and unable to understand that people have feelings. She keeps a smirk on her face that leads me to think that she believes she is better than everyone else. To say the least she hung up on me twice when I tried to explain the insurance requires mail order after 2 fills on a maitenance medication calling it "crappy" insurance and would not listen. She does not listen to anything she decides is unimportant. This is my experience and I can say it was truly horrifying. Her office staff changes everytime we return to her office and bill us for amounts the insurance has advised her not to bill. I could go on, but the truth is you might already know. Rapport with people in her office does not exist, nor does it with her patients. MHMR would be better!

They were closed. show details They were closed.
Jul 16th, 2013

Never got to see her. Was prompt in my appointment. Office was closed when I got there. Waited for over an hour. No one showed up. Upon calling their number, got answering machine every time.

DO NOT BE FOOLED!!! show details DO NOT BE FOOLED!!!
by Holly R. on Feb 19th, 2013

I was in a psychiatric hospital because my bipolar mood stabilzer had stopped working and I went downhill real fast. She wanted to put me on Lithium, but I told her I was allergic to it. (Btw, she was not my regular dr.) I asked for anything but that. She was clearly upset, but prescribed me something else. I went to one of the counseling sessions and as always I took notes. The counselor we had that day was terrific and had so much helpful information that could even help my daughter who also is bipolar. When it was time to see the doctor, I told her that I really learned alot from that session, but she made the comment, "I doubt that you learned anything." She didn't even want to hear what I had learned. I was very disappointed that she wouldn't even hear me out. I decided to sign an AMA (basically wanting to leave the hospital Against Medical Advice). And I also wrote a letter of complaint against her about her actions and her unprofessional attitude. I waited the 24 hrs. before I could go, but she didn't show up till nearly 2 hrs. later and I fi ally got discharged. She pretends to be nice when you do things her way, but if you don't do it her way....beware. Btw, that was the first time I ever did an AMA. I work very hard to follow a doctor's orders. This is not a letter of vengeance, just a letter of facts, of which I have proof. meeting. Well, because I still refused to take the Lithium, she made

Such a caring doctor. show details Such a caring doctor.
Apr 11th, 2012

I have to say I saw a Group in Dallas for 7 yrs and I've gotten better care in the yr I've been with Dr Bhargava. She is kind, sensitive to how you feel, and will NOT give up on you. She does not push anything certain treatment down your throat like it was done to me before, she will keep trying until she gets the right combination of meds that will help you. She helps in seeking out other ways to help you, if you need therapy or biofeedback etc. She has helped me more than anyone ever has, and I'm thankful for all she's done. She also has great staff in her office. You will not be disappointed.

Trusted Doctor show details Trusted Doctor
Feb 25th, 2012

I would highly recommend this DR. She is extremely thourough and thoughtful in her diagnostic process. She is intuitive and pays attention. The followup has been excellent and the results have been excellent. I think so highly of this Dr that I will be flying from California to Texas on a regular basis to see her as my DR.

Do not use this woman show details Do not use this woman
Feb 24th, 2012

This is a good Dr. but needs to see you every two weeks if she knows you have any money or insurance. Dr. can prescribe out months worth of a small anti depressant but she will not give more than a 30 day supply. This is not good practice. Cancellation policy is 100.00 if not notified within 24 hours, even if you are on a death bed. Staff (HA!)Lucky if one of them knows their ABC's. Not a bad Dr. but this will not be your longterm solution.

Feeling sooo much better!! show details Feeling sooo much better!!
Jan 31st, 2012

Dr Bhargava was able to hear all my concerns and find something that worked for me rather quickly. I began to feel better so quickly it was wonderful. I wish I had gone in and seen her earlier. She was communicative with me and told me what she thought was going on with me which was different most doctors I have seen. I am feeling like part of the world again thanks to Dr Bhargava. I would highly recommend Dr Bhargava to anyone suffering with depression, anxiety or the like.

Nice lady but not what my daughter needed show details Nice lady but not what my daughter needed
Jan 22nd, 2012

My daughter is obese, the last thing she needed is meds, that make you gain weight. Dr. gave her 3 of meds. They make appts. every 10-15 minutes. Unless you get ther right when they open, you'll wait 1hour or longer. My childs appt. was always at 2 or 3pm. We would walk out after 5pm. Thats bs! I brought this up to dr. she got defensive right away!I found another dr. for my daughter. I just felt like we were an assembly line. Not really cared about.

Oct 17th, 2011

Dr B. has been a caring person who has helped me so much. She has adjusted medications; given me instructions on other ways to control my anxiety and encouraged me in having a healthier mental state. She is great.

Dec 16th, 2010

Dr. Bhargava is a kind, caring person. She listens and asks pertinent questions before making decisions regarding your care. Each visit with her is very personal and probing. Just by visiting with you, she assesses your condition and medication (if any prescribed). I would highly recommend Dr. Bhargava to any adult in need.

Dr. B. is the best show details Dr. B. is the best
by Michele on Jul 29th, 2010

I've been a patient of Dr. Bhargava's for almost 2 years now. There isn't a better doctor around. She cares very much about her patients. We talk like we have been old friends for years while she still makes sure that I am getting the best psychiatric care possible. I look forward to my visits with her instread of dreading another doctor visit. I would'nt trade her for anything. She is the best!