Del L Whetstone DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 4th, 2016
BEST D.O. in Snohomish County
Back in '95 I had a bad work accident. I was just seeing a medical doctor and then a Physical Therapist for a year and still not much relief. I found out about Dr. Del Whetstone and he pretty much healed me up within months. His bedside manners were awesome and he cared.

November 30th, 2014
Dr. Whetstone was the only pain management doctor serving the area. He was the doctor that other doctors in the surrounding area would send their most difficult pain management patients to when they were addicted to pain killers. Dr. Whetstone had a program that brought people down from their high doses of pain killers and still managed their pain. He prescribed pain killers for two weeks then made sure that patients did not take their medications too fast. I was shocked and disappointed that the DEA Did not take the time to find out that Dr. Whetstone was helping reduce the drug problem in the community not add to it as they said in the newspapers. When they took Dr. Whetstone out of the community it was a loss for everyone who needed quality pain management from a compassionate and understanding doctor.

November 26th, 2013
A Loss of Caring Physician
I was a patient of Dr. Whetstone for many years. He is a caring, professional, and compassionate doctor as well as a good human being! No one mentions the gifts he provided children anonomously every christmas or his free service to people unable to afford his services. While it is true there were long waits at his office, it was because the doctor provided more than medication and had many aspects of health care. I am sorry that there are not more doctors and more people with Dr. Del Whetstones ethics,integrity and honest intentions,

February 14th, 2012
the best dr. everrrrr!!!!Caring, and not a drug dealer!!!
I am so disgusted with what some people are saying about Dr. Whetstone. I wonder if they have incurable health issues that cause intolerable pain? Did any of you read the papers on the walls offering free services for anyone that could give info. that would lead to the arrest of people selling or abusing drugs??? Did you know he gave mandatory UA's to check if patients were taking the right amounts and to make sure no other substances were beingh used. He really took time with me, he made me do mind body meditation, and taught me other ways to deal with my pain. He had water massage tables, acupuncture, and a variety of other services. I would ove to not have to take narcotics to be able to have a fuctionable life, but unfortunatly, my pain causes me to live in bed, which is not living at all..... unless i have my meds. So, thank god for understanding and knolegable doctors such as dr whetstone. I truly wish i could find a dr. like him now. Just pray that I do, because my life now, living in this much pain...... I am only 38 and pray for god to take me to heaven so i dont have to live in this much misery, or that I can find a new dr as kind and understanding as Del Whetstone. I just moved back to town and my dr. Whetstone is no longer there..... what am i to do???

January 5th, 2012
This Doctor will keep you addicted to opiodes long after the pain is gone, and will not try to taper you off meds. He will try to put you on methadone instead for the rest of your life to insure that you will be a repeat patient. Many overdoses and deaths have occured, even though he has been sited for over medicating.

November 24th, 2011
Best Dr
This Dr Whetstone is the best Dr I've ever had and I hope to see him once again,If I move to Washington.

June 17th, 2011
Although the waiting time is way too long, the Doctor is a great man. He in knowledgable & considerate of what the patient is going through. He is one of the few Doctors I have seen that actually cares about your whole well being. You may go there for one thing, but he is concerned about the wellness of your whole body, mind & attitude. It is a shame what is going on. This is a Doctor that cares & he cares a lot. I did not feel like I was in a production line like almost every other Doctor makes me feel. My current Doctor spends a max of 5 minutes with me. DWetstone has made me wait extra long because the person before me needed him. If I was that person I would appriciate the time he took with me. As the person waiting, I still can appreciate that he was concerned with his patient to the point of making his next few appointments late. It is one a of the few times I was happy to wait, knowing that he would do the same for me. We need more Doctors like DR Wetstone. He really cares.

September 30th, 2010
This doctor is great for diagnosis but, the amount of time it takes to see this doctor is not acceptable. You make an appointment and then have to wait anywhere from 1 to 4 hours before you are seen. They schedule 3-4 patients every 15 minutes! How can a doctor treat someone in so little time?

July 19th, 2010
I like the people that work there,but most of my visits are too long. For instance I was there on my last visit for 3.25 hrs,1 hr of that was waiting for my script. It wouldn't be so bad if there were better magazines and cable tv. I understand that dr. whetstone is a very busy guy with alot of patients, but there has to be a way to speed it up! It makes real hard to plan anything else in your day. I am very happy with dr. whetstone's performance.

May 17th, 2010
Great 2nd opinion
I saw this Doctor for management of my Fibromyalgia and chronic stomach pain with gastroparesis. I tried every non narcotic there was to treat my pain_ but in the end I had to succumb to the fact that this truly helped my quality of life. He acknowledge the medicinal benefits of narcotic pain meds and yes they are addicting but if you life long illnesses than you will have life long treatments too. He is a great doctor.