Dr. Delia Delgado MD Patient Reviews

3.1

• Good
  • Bad

March 30th, 2017
doctor dismissed my concerns regarding a lump found on my breast. will be going to a different doctor who actually takes an interest in her patients and their concerns.

February 12th, 2016
She was more interested in makeup and shoes than in my pregnancy. I would not recommend Delgado for delivering a baby.

October 19th, 2015
Terrible bedside manners!

May 29th, 2015
Strange experience.
The visit started out pretty well. She was nice, but kept referring to my partner with the wrong pronouns (she is visibly female, but spoke to me as if my partner were male). She tried to perform the exam, but the speculum gave me a lot of pain. I told her that I'd always had difficulty with inserting tampons without pain, but she ignored my questions and concerns. She then told me that I must be having pain "because I've been abused". I've never been sexually abused before. Nothing even close to it. I would be honest if I had been, because I understand that doctors sometimes need to know about these issues, especially if they're OB/GYNs. But I told her "I don't think that's it, I've never been abused that way." She kept pressing it. She kept saying "please think about it". My partner and I left in confusion. I was very embarrassed. I don't know why a doctor would assume that I've been abused- it's not entirely uncommon for this exam to cause pain, and there are many reasons why that may happen. I kept trying to ask "maybe it could be vaginismus, maybe an infection, maybe a prolapse, maybe an anatomical problem" and for some reason she denied everything! It was ridiculous and very unprofessional. Why you would want to make a young girl believe she was abused for no discernible reason, I don't know. It was ultimately a humiliating experience. I felt that I was not listened to, and possibly discriminated against.

March 28th, 2013
terrable or no followup
I was sent to see dr Delgato to have a check up I was recieved quickly But after the visit i got no response unit I had to call Again I could only leave a message and the nurse would get back to me in 24 hours. Then they asked me to come in for extra test which i did but that was over a week ago and still no getting back to me with results If I call I have to leve a message cause the nurse is ALWAYS busy with a patiant and will get back to me in 24 hours The Dr might be okay but she has lost any touch with the patiant She relies on her staff and their attatude is bringing her down. You are only as good as the people around you. I am going to switch to the diagnostic clinic at least they get back to you

July 12th, 2012
Office Staff and Doctor communication Lacking
Very disappointed in service from this doctor and her office. Quality has gone down. Less and less communication with patients. Called in wrong prescription, cost me more money!

October 5th, 2011