Dr. Delois Teague MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 11th, 2016
Expecting Second Baby
I absolutely LOVE Dr. Teague. She has always been real and up front with me since I have been a patient of hers (almost 10 years now). She explains things and makes them as clear as she can, she's hands on, and she gives that motherly love. The staff in the office is not the best, and it seems they care more about money and insurance than your health, but Dr Teague is the exact opposite. Dr. Teague's nurse has also always been pretty good at getting back to me and answering my questions. Dr. Teague is the ONLY reason I still go there, and I would recommend HER to anyone I know!

September 6th, 2016
Retired Government Employee
The physician was a very warm and pleasant lady. She listened to my problems, examined me and gave me an accurate diagnosis. My daughter and I were very impressed by the doctor's bedside manner. We just love her.

May 16th, 2016
What does it take
I was appalled at the incompetence of the front desk staff, they scheduled my appointment wrong and did not accept responsibility for it. While they were checking to see if I could be seen they had me waiting forever, then gave me paperwork and after reviewing said they did not accept my new insurance. I was so mad why didn't they tell me that on the phone after since I gave the information then. When I called to follow-up with Dr. Teague her nurse would not talk to me, not even knowing what I wanted, I was told she could not give me medical advice and that was not what I wanted. I thought how rude they had already gave a false impression of me to the nurse and I was not happy with this at all. What does it take to get good customer service these days? What does it take to find a good doctor? These are the question I'm left with after this experience.

February 26th, 2016
NEW PATIENT! She was one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Not friendly, no bedside manner, and explained nothing. I felt like I was bothering her as soon as she walked in the exam room. DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

October 9th, 2015
I've only seen Dr. Teague twice. I was with the same doctor for 34 yrs, but she retired. I was nervous about seeing someone else. After my first appointment with Dr. Teague, I can honestly say....she is the best! She listens to your problems, spends time understanding and explaining things. She has a great personality and she is one of the nicest people I've had the pleasure of meeting. If you're looking for a caring doctor, look no more....

October 2nd, 2014
Receptionist (in health care facility)
Dr Teague is an outstanding physician. It's unfortunate and somewhat unfair that people rate the doctors based on office staff. Many doctors are not knowledgable or never find out if staff is being unprofessional or rude to patients. I once referred a patient to Dr Teague! and the office staff told her doctor was not accepting new patients. I mentioned that to Dr Teague and she said as long as she was still working she was accepting new patients. She was totally unaware of that response and said it would be addressed. Please don't judge the doctor by the staff. Instead, if there is a problem, communicate it directly to the doctor..

June 26th, 2012
Absolutely wonderful Dr.
I waited longer to get registered that I was there than to see the actual dr. I ended up needing a laparoscopy to remove an iud and was terrified despite my medical field profession. She took the time to console me, even hugged me & made the whole process a breeze! She is hands down the best doctor I've ever met and very down to earth. I think going to the Gyno is uncomfortable & embarrassing, but she manages to make it anything but! That is quite a feat!

February 14th, 2012
No Post Surgery Instructions
I expected to receive aftercare instructions following surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy. I receive minimal information and nothing in regards to after care instructions and recovery (i.e. how to bath with the stitches still in tact, any lifting restrictions, how long will the soreness and tenderness in the abdominal area last, how to treat aches and paines, etc.) I felt the treatment I received from this doctor following surgery was too cold and hands off, I felt as if the doctor did not care. I was not asking to be babied or have my hand held through the recovery process but I really could have benefited from post surgery instructions which I did not receive. I will not go back to this doctor for another appointment even though I have been a patient of hers for more than 10 years.

April 4th, 2011
Staff - Not a good first impression
Dr. Teague was highly recommended to me but based on my interaction with her staff, I will never know. My phone calls were not returned, and the staff refused to schedule my appointment. I was told that a nurse would follow up with me, yet 3 weeks later and no one from the office has ever bothered to return my call. I don't want a doctor that I can't communicate with because of bad staff.