Dr. Delroy Mcfarlane MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 23rd, 2015
Dr. fair; Staff unprofessional
I saw this doctor three times. First time was fine. Made an appt. for 2nd visit. Came for 2nd visit and was told I had no appt. The receptionist had deleted my appt. Dr. went ahead and saw me for 5 min. since other patients were booked into my time slot. My insurance was charged for full appt. Made a 3rd appt. A couple of days before the 3rd appt. I thought, "Maybe I should call and check on this appointment.since I was erased last time." I called and was told that the doctor was out of town and my appt. was for the following week and I was mistaken. I read the date on my card aloud and was adamantly told your apt is xx, despite the date they had written on the hard copy. So like a dummy , I went in and showed her my original appt. date. The receptionist refused to look at the appointment card. Very rude. Erica weighed me and took me back to the waiting room. Not one word-good morning, how are you, etc. Second person to behave in a rude, curt manner. Then I saw the doctor, who had no recall of past ailments. Went out to desk to see about refills. Erica became very belligerent with me that I did not follow procedure. I was so angry with her hostile, disrespectful manner that I called her the next day and spoke with her. I received a luke-warm apology. So, now its time for the fourth appointment. Again, I called a couple of days ahead. And, again the doctor was out of town and I was told that they had "tried" to call me. I will never believe this. Four times of unprofessional service is disrespectful. Woods Humane Society would give better treatment, based on the fact that the word "humane" is of importance. Unforgivable all the way around. Shame one each of you.

February 3rd, 2015
Good guy, weird sense of humor, but that's good. I love that.

June 13th, 2014
great doctor for an appt or two
His prior front office person was rude and not very knowledge able. He I found to be a knowledge dr and appeared concerned for his patients, but he changes practices and states like others change socks. So don't get too comfortable with him as your dr because he will up and leave out of the blue. He was in Napa for just a short time.

March 29th, 2014
excellent doctor
Caring, knowledgeable, and prompt- no wait time. Great doctor.

June 2nd, 2013
NOT RECOMMENDED!
Worst doctor I have ever met! I had a total of three appointments with this doctor because I was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and and I'm sorry I wasting my time. I'm writing this to hopefully save some people from wasting their time. Long story short, he tried to send me for some sleep testing which I was a bit hesitant about because the Doctor did not explain the medical relevance as to why the testing would be beneficial. I then made an appointment to get him to explain his thought process as to why this would be beneficial. He had he nerve to keep me waiting for 40 minutes past my apt time, (I was his first patient of the day and showed up 15 min early) and then he sent in someone else to tell me that he has decided not to see me any more on the basis of me not wanting to do the sleep testing even though he did not give me any medical reason as to why he thought I needed to have the test performed in the first place. This was a HUGE shock to me, because as a medical professional myself, I understand the importance in explaining any questions or concerns that a patient may have. I kept my cool and peacefully walked out without any explanation. I am not writing this to be spiteful, but I feel that the doctor could have shown me a little respect and tell me himself. Hopefully at least one person might find this helpful and I wish everyone the best of luck in finding a doctor who treats you with care and respect .

November 19th, 2012
Caring, conscientous, accurate diagnosis and compassionate to the elderly
My family is extremely happy that my 90 year old mother is a patient of Dr. McFarlane. The doctor is always there for her, and does not get irritated when the ER calls him in the middle of the night (...sorry, Doc!) He treats her with dignity, not a patient with dementia, and takes the time to talk to her, and study her l-o-n-g chart. We have had doctors who used the triage approach with elderly patients, and we DO NOT appreciate that! When I am 90, I hope this excellent doctor will be here for me!Dr. McFarlane is now in Napa, and this community is richer for him being here.

April 13th, 2011
GREAT DR
ALWAYS HAS TIME TO LISTEN.

December 25th, 2010
Worst doctor ever. Unstable, paranoid.

January 2nd, 2009
Dr. Macfarlane is an outstanding physician. He is very careful in explaining his diagnosis.