Demetrius C Zodiatis MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Port Jefferson, NY

September 8th, 2011
Amazing doctor! May have saved my life..
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Zodiatis for over 20 years. We always knew he was a good doctor, but after the last time I saw him he made a diagnoses that potentially saved my life! In a routine checkup he felt that my kidney was enlarged and sent me for a sonogram.. After further testing I was told that my kidney had to immediately be removed. I was told by a renowned physician from Columbia university "wow! I am very impressed that your primary care physician was able to discover this through only a physical exam. What a great job." Additionally I was told that had the tumor been found even six months later I would have had a much more serious problem. Granted his office and equipment may be dated, but NO ONE beats Dr. Zodiatis at diagnosing an illness and really looking at the big picture and caring for his patients. In fact, this is not the first time Dr. Zodiatis came through for my family in a big way.

December 16th, 2009
I have used him as my PCP while I was going to school at Stony Brook. His wife is the receptionist there and needs to retire. It feels like the office is paused in the 80s with all the file cabinets and paperwork. Each time Dr. Zodiatis checks the vital, does an ECG, and walks out. It seems that his mind is always somewhere else. A very nice guy..but is probably ready to retire.