Dr. Demir Baykal MD Patient Reviews

• Cardiovascular Disease Lawrenceville, GA

June 27th, 2014
Very good Doctor!
Dr Baykal is an excellent cardiologist, who takes the time to listen to you and answer all your questions with kindness and patience. All the medical exams I needed to take have been done very rapidly, and Dr Baykal even found the time in his super busy schedule to call me on my phone to give me results and advice. I totally trust his diagnosis and decisions. The medical staff is remarkably kind, considerate and dedicated.

July 12th, 2013
Great Doctor, Great Skills
Dr Baykal is the leading specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of PAH, when, I first met him, I wasn't certain of my future, I was confused and apprehensive of my future. My disease is better controlled and I have more good days than bad days. Dr Baykal, has great people skills, takes the time to answer questions, explain treatment options, and is always available to talk to you and serve as the "go between", in sharing info with other specialist involved in your treatment. My family is so glad that Dr Baykal is on our team.

June 10th, 2013
I fired this Doctor
I saw Dr. Baykal over a period of about 12 years. He followed my ascending aortic aneurysm during that time. The expansion of the aneurysm stopped at 4.4 cm after 5 years and has remained stable ever since. As long as I asked banal questions, he answered. When I started reading about statin use and began asking him questions about that I was told he "had other patients in the waiting room." His manner was frustration and impatience. I was told by another Doctor, that Dr. Baykal got flustered speaking to women. During the course of these years, the office staff lost my records twice, once never to be found again. I showed up for appointments they didn't have on record, and it took two to three days and twice a week and a half for them to return my calls. When I saw another cardiologist in the same practice for a cardiovascular problem and felt rushed and dealing with the staff was the same, I realized I needed to get away from Gwinnett Consultants in Cardiology. I felt I could get better care somewhere else.