Surgical Specialist
499 E Hampden Ave
Ste 380
Englewood, CO 80113
303-788-5300
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  Completely Lacking in Compassion  |  show details
by Stacey A. on May 17th, 2013

I was seen by Dr. Slone in September of 2012 after having multiple abdominal surgeries from a car accident caused by a drunk driver. Dr. Slone was horrible to deal with. She was completely lacking in compassion; she honestly couldn't have cared less. I was in the hospital for nine days and had nothing but problems with her. She refused to up my pain medication at the request of my nurse for no apparent reason, and showed absolutely no care about making me comfortable. After experiencing severe constipation for 6 days, my nurse asked her to prescribe me a suppository. She did agree to write the prescription, but then disappeared for four hours leaving me in excruciating pain while my nurse tried to track her down. After being discharged from the hospital, I had a follow-up appointment with her. When I arrived, she greeted me then told me to wait for a minute. She left me in the waiting room for over 15 minutes while I could hear her talking about her personal life to one of the people in the office. When she decided to get back to work, she called me in and things went from bad to worse. She degraded me to a point that left me in tears. I was not healing as quickly as most do and she made it clear to me that she felt I was at fault for that. I told her that I was still having constipaiton problems, and having a hard time walking because of the pain associated with that. I also showed her that my incision was still bleeding and not healing as it was supposed to. Her response to me was that I needed to "get off the couch" and that I would not start to heal until I did that. Later that day the person working the front desk called to apologize. She told me that she said that she had over heard what Dr. Slone had said to me and that she felt she was out of line. She told me that she would schedule the rest of my follow-ups with another surgeon.