Dr. Denis Altman Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Denis Altman?

April 26th, 2017

Office Staff Does Not Care

The office staff simply do not care about what parents go through when their child is sick. They also do not appreciate the efforts parents go through to seek care for their child.

November 10th, 2016

Worst bedside manner, suspect knowledge

I read over the other reviews and I am pretty shocked at how highly rated they are. I have taken my child to Dr. Altman several times now and they were all bad experiences. The first one a few years ago we showed up 5 minutes (seriously) late. I had never been to the hospital (medical towers) before. And had trouble finding a parking spot. When we arrived he ended up berating us for it. Seriously berating, and telling us how important his time was and how disrespectful it was to be late (again 5 minutes). I realize being late can cause a chain reaction for other patients, but being a client and paying for his services I don't need to be chewed out for it. So things didn't start off well, but we needed to see someone so at that point there wasn't much I could do. This is were the bigger problem arose, Dr. Altam has ZERO bedside manner. He is one of the most condescending doctors I have ever visited. He loves to ask questions (simple ones) but has no intention of listening to your answers. Every time my wife and I tried to answer him he cut us off mid sentence. We usually were able to get two or three words in before he interrupted us. This happened during each visit, I had forgotten how bad he was the first time (it had been a few years) or I would not of went back. The cherry on top is when your finishing up he states "this is not REALLY my expertise". When we clearly explained to the staff what we needed to see him for before hand. Again it's my fault for going back and having a bad memory. But he had the previous records and we needed to followup. If you need to talk to someone about a very serious topic involving your children I would think twice about using him.

August 1st, 2016

Dr. Altman was wonderful with my daughter. She was worried she had something terribly wrong with her and he did a full exam and put her mind at ease.

October 1st, 2015

Honestly, Dr. Altman is extremely rude not only to his patients but their families as well. He and his staff are highly unprofessional & unethical. He does not have a nice bedside manner and he actually bullies his patients and their caregivers instead of educating and supporting them. Dr. Altman refuses to accept responsibility for what his patients need and is not a a team player.

June 8th, 2015

The visit with dr Altman was very thorough, informative and wonderfully kind. He spent time answering our questions about my niece, Amber. He was gentle while examining her and getting Amber to do some physical tasks so that he could make a diagnosis. Amber and her mom have to travel 2 hours from rural MO to see Dr Altman. I'm so happy that he takes the time with her to get an assessment of her current state of progress. He was able to give Ambers mom complete advice and refer her on to a pediatric orthopedist. Thank heavens for dr Altman and his knowledgable staff!

May 2nd, 2011

Great Dr.

Fantastic man, love this guy. Spent time with our son, really listened to my wife. Staff was great!!!!

September 21st, 2017