Neurologists

1000 Northern Blvd
Ste 150
Great Neck, NY 11021
516-466-4700
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  show details
Sep 4th, 2014

Dr I was intimidating, did not allow this patient to adequately communicate past history continually interrupted this patient stating he was not interested in prior experience even though as a complicated patient my history is relevant. He additionally advised me that the medical record I brought was uselessHe stated emphatically his diagnosis without a thorough exam or additional radio graphic films. His manner was gruff he freely admonished me for arriving late and brought a student into the visit without an introduction . I am a knowledgable patient and I felt no connection with this MD. I will not return

|  Dissatisfied patient  |  show details
May 4th, 2014

I had several tests computerized cognitive tests and brain scans done by this doctor and was told I don't show signs of dementia or Alzheimer's although I am suffering some short term memory loss. I was put on what I later learned is in fact a Alzheimer's medication and during subsequent visits, the dosage of this medication was increased. I suffered major dehydration and was told to stop but a second drug was added on. I found the Dr. short tempered during follow-up visits and often times given a few minutes in a corridor, rather than sitting to discuss the situation. My last visit was rather unpleasant with the Dr. telling me to increase the first medication that caused a side-effect. At this time we changed doctors. This doctor spent an hour with me and my wife and very patiently asked me questions and did his own cognitive evaluation, without the use of fancy computers. He implied they are merely money-makers and did repeat all the brain scans. After deciding there is nothing wrong with my brain, other than normal age changes. He stopped all the Alzheimer's medications, since I don't have the disease. I can't say my memory has returned to normal but I am in less of a fog and I can rational things more clearly. I sincerely wish I hadn't spent four years putting all my faith in this doctor but I am grateful I saw his arrogant nature when I hesitated to take that final increase in mediation. Anyone under his care is wished my good luck.

|  New patient  |  show details
by Al.k on Apr 21st, 2014

I drove 5o minutes to his office as a new patient and one his friends referred me to him. First visit didn't go too bad, I went to him while I had a hammering loud noise inside my brain, he ordered MRI , it was normal, he asked me to come back for a test that was not for my symptoms at all, I went there again and told the technician why this doctor ordered the test that has nothing to do with my problem, I refused to go thru it and saw the doctor at the front desk and asked him for a minute so he can explain it to me, he rudly turned around while telling me off and walked away, I asked for my records and they said they will mail it to me. He has no bedside manners, very rude and no compassion for his patent. There are a lot of great Neurologist on Long Island , please don't bother with this egomaniac , unprofessional ,unethical doctor. I give him 0.