Dr. Denise Brachmann MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2

December 26th, 2015
Horrible doctor, took phone call while in session. Canceled session to re-schedule 10 min before appointment. Unclear wth diagnosis and does not like to be questioned about diagnosis.

November 14th, 2014
Misdiagnosed and almost destroyed
I was doing great in college and working two jobs when my family doctor suggested I see a psychiatrist. He thought I was bipolar because of my rapid speech and the fact that my ideas jumped around. She immediately agreed with his diagnosis, before she got to know me. Within a few years, I dropped out of school, couldn't get a job or hold one, was hospitalized many times, became suicidal, and started cutting my arms. I ended up on disability. I had no quality of life due to the constant addition of more bipolar medications that weren't working, but had serious side effects. Eventually, I got scared and went to a different psychiatrist. She diagnosed me with ADHD and Borderline Personality Disorder. With adderall and DBT counseling, my life has gotten immensely better. I'm graduating college in January, and then I will get a job and be off the disability that I thought was permanent, with my last psychiatrist and current therapist's blessing.

March 31st, 2014
Over prescribes serious medications including long term use of benzodiazipines with little to no time spent.

August 24th, 2013
Do not allow her to treat you
I have never been so mistreated in my life. I went in with simple depression issues and winded up being misdiagnosed as bipolar!!! She said I was classic text book bipolar and started me on meds that made matters worse. I saught out a different doctor and cognitive therapy made all the difference. No meds and enjoying life. I felt like I was a test subject for her need to test lamictal!!!! She screwed up my metabolism however. Go with your gutt!!!! See someone else....don't risk it please. Hope this helps someone else.

March 2nd, 2013
Do Not See Dr Brachmann
I normally do not go on these sites and complain, but I need to let you know about my experience to hopefully help you avoid this Dr. After traveling 1.5 hours in a snow storm to make my appointment on time, I met with Dr Brachmann about possibly changing my meds as I was experiencing worsening symptoms of my bi-polar disorder (current meds were not working). We’d been working together for about 9 months which seemed to go ok. During this visit, she did not seem to listen as I was talking and proceeded to tell me that she wasn't comfortable treating me because the last time we met was a few months ago and she wanted to see me 1 month after the last appointment. I did admit that I had challenges with my work travel schedule and trying to get the half day to make an appointment so far away from home was difficult. She was very dismissive and said that "Everyone has to deal with that. You are making excuses." She proceeded to say, "I don't even know you!" I responded by apologizing for the gap in our last visit and said "Let's get to know each other now." She said she only had 15 minutes. So, on one end, she was saying that she doesn't know me, yet she won't spend more than 15 minutes with me? She proceeded to criticize me for trying to get pregnant and insinuated that my weight was a problem. What happened after this was a blur because, at that point, I was crying. I felt so hurt and betrayed. I sat in my car for 15 minutes while I sobbed and prepared myself for the 1 hour drive back home. I expected a little bit of tough love as long as it came from a caring place. The communication from her was aloof and dismissive on the verge of being a personal attack and surprisingly unprofessional. I highly recommend you reconsider going to this Dr. She may be ok for a while, but if you slip up from her orders in anyway – WATCH OUT! In all my years visiting with my former Psychiatrist from the previous town I lived in, I've never experienced poor treatment like this in a Psychiatric facility. I expected to get much needed relief from the pain of my illness not a smack down from the one person that should be helping me.

August 17th, 2012
Poor Communication
She does not communicate to parents the child's treatment and observation during the time and it takes forever for a follow up or even a call back. Automatically wanted to push the drugs after four days of observation with no current history of treatment or alternatives. Took parent's request in disregard to limit phone privileges after concerns were addressed multiple times. I feel she did my child a disservice by not keeping in touch with progress, not being available to communicate, and making poor judgement.

October 16th, 2011
Useless as a doctor
She wants to fit everyone into a Bipolar diagnosis. She is useless as a psychiatrist and can't really do what is needed. Keep searching for another psychiatrist, this one will cause you more pain than you already have.

September 7th, 2011
World Class!
Dr. Brachmann is a world class physician. I have a family members who have chronic and diabilitating mental illnesses. After a decade of diabilatation, my mother can function again. My nephew is able to attend College because of Dr. Brachmann. Dr. Brachmann is an expert pharmacologist and therapist. Thank you Dr. Brachmann.

August 20th, 2011
She is a Hack
Seriously, she can't diagnose a simple depression. She wanted to diagnose a postpartum depression as Bipolar. She had my wife so drugged up that my wife didn't know what was what. Avoid Dr. Brachmann and you will be happy you did.

October 4th, 2008
She is O.K.
I would have to say that my experience is most psychiatrists are a bit strange. Dr. Brachmann is no exception. She presented to me as unwilling to take into consideration what I was asking her to help me with. I feel as if she never listened to a word I said and it was almost impossible to be able to form a trusting therapeutic relationship with her because of this.

July 30th, 2008
I 1st want to say that I don't like to say anything negative about people, we all have our bad days. I feel this one is important though, I don't want it to happen to anyone else. When I went for my (last) appointment with Dr. Bachmann, the receptionist had asked me to come into the side office. She told me that Dr. would no longer be seeing me. I said that there had to be a mix-up, she must have me confused with somebody else. We never had any problems, I hadn't missed any appointments, I had been late before, but had called. Guess not. Even if I were a horrible patient, shouldn't I had received a call or letter to cancel, or tell me this ahead of time. Anybody that sees a psychiatrist knows that it usually takes 1-2 months to get in. When I did get a new dr., there was a note in my chart that stated Dr. Brachman assumed I was drinking again. I have been sober for 3+ years, and that is a big deal to me and for her discredit me without even talking to me about it, or any problems she apparently had with me is very unprofessional. This was a blow that without my husband I don't know what I would have done. When you suffer from depression, the one professional person that you look to for help turns her back on you is not one that I recommend.