Dr. Denise Carneiro-Pla MD Patient Reviews

• General Surgery Charleston, SC

October 2nd, 2015
Excellent Dr.
Dr. Pla was fantastic, talked me through the process and kept me informed on what was to happen next.

April 7th, 2015
Exceptional!!!!
I just recently had my entire thyroid removed and she did an amazing job! Her bedside manner is impressive and she truly cares for her patients... She even hugged me when I was leaving! She is an amazing doctor and her work is five star! I would recommend her to everyone!

April 13th, 2014
She thinks she is an endocrinologist, but she never had training in endocrinology. She likes to cut things out that don't need to be cut out. Like my whole thyroid. There was no cancer, and now I have to take thyroid medicine for the rest of my life.

August 20th, 2013
Total Thyroid Removal
Dr. Carneiro-Pla's ultrasound was the most thorough and informative of any I have had done over the past 18 years. We decided to take out the entire thyroid due to growths still growing and looking suspicious. It was an amazingly easy process. She is wonderful. It's been 8 days and I barely have a scar. An almost painless procedure. No cancer!!

June 28th, 2012
Dr C was so caring and thorough from start to finish. She especially was meticulous with my Thyroid surgery so that I have had minimal to no residual evidence of cancer. In would recommend her any time and under any circumstances.

July 29th, 2011
Dr. Carneiro-Pla
My family Dr referred me to her after doing an ultra sound and finding a large thyroid tumor. She did another ultra sound onsite and a biopsy of the tumor. She talked to me and explained everything she was about to do before doing it. She is very friendly and put me at ease. After the exam, she went through and explained what she was seeing and talked to me about my options. I highly recommend her as a Dr and a surgeon.