Dr. Denise Dickinson MD Patient Reviews

3.0

• Good
  • Bad

September 19th, 2016
I waited one hour and forty minutes in the waiting room and then another twenty minutes in the exam room. When she came in she talked so fast I couldn't understand her.

February 27th, 2016
Ridiculous wait
Unfortunately I hadn't seen the other reviews on this site so I was shocked when the wait time ended up being over 2 hours. How is she still in business? I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would put him/herself through such a long wait only to be given a few minutes of hurried appointment. I arrived at 12:45 for a 1:10 appointment. Around 2:10 they called me back and I waited nearly forty minutes for her to arrive. She was nice, but didn't seem to really listen and kept forgetting what I was there for. She asked to see me back in a few weeks but there is absolutely no way I will ever go back there. Everyone in the waiting room said it was standard to wait well over an hour for her. People do realize there are other dermatologists in Louisville, right? And none of them make you wait this outrageous amount of time.

February 23rd, 2016
Be prepared to wait!!!
I had seen Dr. Dickinson 1 time previously in 2013 for eczema. She is a good doctor, however, my most recent visit was a disaster. My appointment was at 1040. At 11:55 I was still sitting in the waiting room. When I approached the front desk I was told by the receptionist that most all of Dr. Dickinson's appointments routinely have an hour or more wait to be seen. When I asked why they wouldn't space the appointments out more, the receptionist responded "because that's the way she wants her appointments scheduled". I found it very off putting that Dr. Dickinson has so little regard for her patients time that she would stack her schedule the way she does. Needless to say I will not be returning, which is unfortunate because I did like her. If you are someone that doesn't mind to wait hours in a waiting room to be seen by a doctor, this is the office for you!

June 24th, 2015
Beware!
I went to see her regarding a rash under my eyes. After waiting an hour and a half past my appointment time, whens he finally saw me she told me the rash was nothing, which was a diagnosis she made in about 12 seconds. Then I discussed some growths on my face I wanted removed. I had the procedure done before with a different doctor with great results and minimal discomfort. However, when Dr. D did the procedure, it it hurt so much I told her to stop and couldn't finish the treatment. She also didn't tell me what she was doing to my face and ended up doing something other than what we discussed her doing. She also rushed the procedure and the result was a botched job with permanent scarring on my face. This was a simple procedure that should not have resulted in the physical pain and now the permanent and very noticeable scarring. I didn't get any scarring at all when I did the procedure with the other doctor and it also didn't hurt at all with the other doctor. She is a nice enough lady, but her ability to treat and diagnose is questionable. I will have to pay heavily out of the pocket for the procedure she did, but will have to visit another doctor for the rash that she told me was nothing and for the scarring that is now on my face. Hopefully there is something cosmetically that can be done to correct the appearance. I am out hundreds of dollars and will never return to this doctor again. She is not even close to what would be considered a good doctor. Look elsewhere for your skin needs.

April 21st, 2015
Find another dermatologist!
I visited Dr. Dickenson every month for 7 months. Each month, I waited an hour past my appointment time. On my final visit, I waited 1 hour and 10 minutes and asked when the doctor would be seeing me. I didn't mention that they left me in an exam room for 20 minutes by myself. The staff person couldn't not give me a definitive or reassuring answer about when the doctor would see me. Her disposition was often unpleasant. There are a couple of Dickenson's staff members who need to go through an in depth training regarding customer service skills. After waiting with no end in sight, I finally just walked out with no plans to return. Dr. Dickenson herself is a sweet woman, but she seems overwhelmed and doesn't give the time needed for her patients to feel at ease or listened to. I often say that I know I have ADHD, but she is ADHD to the max. She doesn't really take the time to listen. Beyond the wait time, I also had problems with getting my medication. It seemed that I was more up-to-date with the accurate dosage and brands of my medication than the doctor and staff. I found them to be somewhat incompetent. They are also technologically behind the times. The waiting room and exam rooms needed an overhaul. The furniture needed to be cleaned or replaced as well as the carpet. I just felt extremely dirty sitting in the waiting room. One would think that with all the over booking of clients (assuming this is the reason for the hour long wait each visit) that they could afford to thoroughly clean and replace the furniture.

August 22nd, 2014
wonderful
Dr. Dickinson is a wonderful dermatologist. She takes your concerns seriously and addresses them immediately.

April 17th, 2014
office visit
I went to see this Dr. she was rude, did not take time to discuss why i was there and removed a mole right in her office. She did not put anything over my clothes, got blood on my blouse told me it would wash out. She has no bedside manners and her office is so crowded you have to wait a couple of hours to see her. Do not waste your time going to see her. I will never ever see her again.

February 8th, 2014
First time ever seeing a dermatologist. Felt like that exam was extremely rushed, felt that she didn't listen to or address the reason I was being seen. Had some moles removed that were bothering me, also had a persistent rash but never was able to really talk to her about it. Told me the moles looked like they were fine but opted to remove them anyway. Barely explained what she was doing when removing them. (not that I needed a play by play but felt bedside manner was severely lacking). I could tell she wasn't listening to me or my problem. Waste of a copay that I had to save money for. Looking for new Dr that will actually take the time to talk to me instead of rushing me out the door.

February 8th, 2013
Never going to her again! Gave me the same cream she gave my son & said I had a different diagnosis. I would tell my friends not to go to her!

November 27th, 2012
Worst experience with a doctor in my whole life. She mutilated my finger when removing a wort. Made it as painful as she possibly could have. Had this procedure done before and it was nothing like this.I'll never go to this doctor again.

October 15th, 2012
Long waits, problem still there.
Dr. Dickinson is pleasant but is only in the room for very few minutes. Not enough to fully listen. I have waited well over an hour each visit to see her. My problem is no better after over a year. I am told to wait a few months to come back for re-checks. Not enough effort is made to truly stop the cause.

September 9th, 2010