Dr. Denise Freese Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Denise Freese?

May 21st, 2013

Professional, always courteous and caring

I have seen Dr. Freese for over 10 years as my Primary Care Physician and have never considered changing doctors. I was married when I started seeing her, and now am not; in that transition, I have never perceived her questions comments regarding my sex life to be inappropriate at all (addressing another patient's remarks on this site). Although sometimes she seems rushed, it is no different than with any health care professional of any type (dermatologist, dentist etc.) and importantly despite being busy, I've always left her office feeling that my need/concern that led to the appt were met. I would recommend her highly.

March 4th, 2013

Dr. Denise Freese seems to carry the constant bias toward unmarried adult females that I have, sadly experienced all too many times. Now, I know that an exam includes questions about your sexual activity, but, I believe she grilled me about my sex life in a way that she would not have grilled a married woman by asking the following: "Are you monogamous?" Umm - yes I have been monogamous my entire life. Do unmarried people in relationships frequently sleep with other people just because they aren't married? I can ask the same thing about married people. Can she safely assume that her married-women patients do not have husbands that have whores on the side? "Are you using birth control?" No b/c I am older now and it's risky with blood clots, etc. "Do u realize that withdrawal method is only 25% effective?" Yeah, so? If I were married to my boyfriend, would she have asked me that? "If you were to get pregnant, would you keep it and would your boyfriend be ok with that?" I'm a 37 year old female, this question does not compute.

April 10th, 2011

A gem of a doctor

Dr. Freese is great. She actually seems to care how we're doing, and takes a lot of responsibility for overseeing our general health. If she doesn't know something off the top of her head she researches it, and actually follows up, which is something I've rarely had a doctor do. My one complaint about the office is that some of the office staff didn't do their part (like scheduling radiology or other follow-up), and basically lied about the fact that they hadn't done it, and whined about how overworked they are. This seems to be a problem throughout the UCLA system, actually, not just in this office. But I would recommend Dr. Freese wholeheartedly.

January 1st, 2010

Good doctor and she returns calls!

Dr. Freese has been my general doc for about 14 years now. Up until last year when I had my baby, she also acted as my OB/Gyn which was great! She is very smart and has a good bedside manner. She's also a Mother which I like. She has very good referrals (dermatology, psychiatry, etc.) and makes sure that I'm in top shape from my head to my toes! She also returns my call when I call to ask a question or to get a referral or refill on something. In fact, she called me back today (New Years Eve) even when the girl up front said that they were leaving soon and to expect a call back on Monday when they return from Holiday. Staff is nice and most of the time I get in and out in under an hour. There have been times when I've waited for what seemed forever but only once in a blue moon. I like Dr. Freese very much and definitely recommend her.

June 30th, 2008

excellent doctor

I think she is an excellent doctor. She is very thorough, but unfortunately with American health care, she always appears in a hurry -- not her fault, I guess.

October 5th, 2017