inactive

Denise D Gribbin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

September 8th, 2015
Dr Gribbens does not listen and SHE was late for most of my appointments. For one of them, I waited for hours. When I was forced to call in to cancel a appointment due to illness, I was charged a missed fee.( I should have been charging her.) I tried to speak with her office about this and got no help. I am changing doctors. She is not compassionate, and considering her field, I expect much more from a psychiatrist. I would think that a patient should feel better after therapy not more depressed and leave crying . If I could give her a 0 on the rating scale, I would.

September 2nd, 2015
From the very first visit I liked Dr. Denise Gribbin very much and she was very helpful to me and she was so easy to talk to and she got me to talk so easily. I'd never been to a psychologist before so had no idea what to expect so I was quite nervous. From the moment I walked into her room I felt at ease and surprised myself at how easy it was for me to talk with her. I really enjoyed the visit!!

June 29th, 2015
Office doesn't even answer the phone
Very disappointed, I called to set up a new patient appointment (option 3). Called 7 times over a time span of a few hours and continued to get a voicemail. On the eighth time, I left a message. It’s been a week and I haven’t received a return call. When I call to get my vehicle serviced, there is always someone available to answer my call. I am told that a persons health is far more important than that of a common vehicle. But so far my experience tells me that this psychiatric office doesn’t share my opinion. I guarantee that every professional there is $300 per hour and they won’t splurge $12 per hour on a receptionist?

March 9th, 2011
Best Psychiatrist in Grand Rapids, MI
I highly recommend Dr. Gribbin; she has been my saving grace. She is down to earth, very knowledgable and compassionate. I trust her whole heartedly, and would recommend her to anyone & everyone. I have been her patient for approx. 11 years, and pray that I never see the day when she decides to move, or where I have to switch Dr.'s. I would be lost without her, and I have to say being treated like a person and not just a number is priceless. She has a heart of gold, and when I could not afford my medication co-pay one time, she actually did something I have NEVER in my lifetime seen... She gave me the money for my co-pay. Because she cared enough that she did not want to see me go off my medication. That is definitely going ABOVE and BEYOND her duty as a Doctor.

January 10th, 2011
Very blessed to have Dr. Gribbin for my Dr...
I have been a patient of Dr. Gribben's for about 10+ years and I honestly believe my Primary Physcian (Dr. Cavacece) and Nurse Practioneer (Jane Visser) did right by me by giving me a referral to Dr. Gribben. I could not be more appreciative. I have done one in patient stay at PR, and one out patient. And the whole time, Dr. Gribben has been very supportive, and helpful. Dr. Gribben has a warm & caring personality, and she is so knowledgable. I would HIGHLY recommend her to any of my friends, family or strangers. I don't feel like just a number with Dr. Gribben (or the other Dr. & Nurse Practitioneer mentioned above); I have the BEST Drs...

November 12th, 2009
I have received treatment from Dr. Gribbin for 9 years, and have a bi-polar diagnosis. During the 9 years, I have had 2 hospitalizations for acute depression and ECT treatments, several months at a time of roller coaster mood episodes and lots of health in between with medication. Dr. Gribbin has a great balance in how she practices medicine. She is sometimes a cheerleader and encourager but also someone who challenges me for my decisions in relation to my treatment. She is a warm and tender listener who connects with me compassionately and also a smart, professional who is serious about current psychiatric research and updated medications. She has been someone who takes me seriously and is respectful as I convey concerns or symptoms but also someone who can make me laugh and create some lightheartedness in an anxiety- producing situation. Anyone with a mental health diagnosis has probably felt at one time or another judged or misunderstood by people not familiar with the world of psychiatry but I have never been treated with such dignity even at the lowest points of my illness and appreciation for what I have to offer the world, sick or not as I have with Dr. Gribbin.